• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Just had cotys fall off a seedling

So tonight I saw the cotys on one of my seedlings was yellow. I picked up the pot to investigate and the cotys immediately fell off.

Any ideas what the problem is? I bottom water once every week or so, and have only recently introduced 1/8 strength fertilizer.

If it makes you feel better, I have had this happen to 400+ plants this season. For me, I blame the extreme winter and the grow area I have is much colder than previous years and the plants suffered. Everyone has recovered now that I moved them but hang in there, should not be a big deal. 

i thought cotys falling off eventually was normal. I have pulled them off when they start looking sad after 2nd or so set of true leaves.

Pr0digal_son said:
How old are the plants? If your cots are yellow and falling off in the young seedling stage,they are too wet. Not a big deal,but a cheap lesson learned.
It happened to all mine and they were not wet at all. Mine was purely cold related and the first set of true leaves was purple. I do agree being too wet will cause same thing. 

Back