Just joined the family and I already have plans!

Hello fellow pepper enthusiasts, I happened across this site and thought to myself this was too good to pass up. I have a few hots and sweets in the garden right now with some super hots (live plants) arriving in about 3 days so I'm excited for this season. I have experience growing different cayenne peppers, Dragon cayenne is my personal favorite so far especially pizza night without the flakes? Nah no way, growing my own pepps has spoiled me and my family. Never thought I'd be interested in growing let alone breeding peppers. Now here I am typing out a little bit about myself and my love of peppers. I'm grateful I stumbled across you guys!

What am I planing on breeding?
I have a few crosses in mind, I'm partial to the profile of the Dragon Cayenne I have. I also want to breed a few super hots with some sweets to make a milder version that I can use in fermented sauces, flakes, or whole pods. I'm crossing 3 of my favorite peppers with a handful of others to select which F1 I like more then I'll move on to F2 up to F5 where phenotype's start to stabilize. I don't have all my pepper written down so here's a sample of what I'm planning working with this season.

First Generation Cross List [for reference]
parent left, donor pollen right

DRAGON 
Dragon Cayenne x Carolina Reaper
Dragon Cayenne x Scotch Bonnet (yellow)
Dragon Cayenne x Corno di Toro (orange)
Dragon Cayenne x Takanotsume 
Dragon Cayenne x Trinidad Scorpion

REAPER
Carolina Reaper x Scotch Bonnet (yellow)
Carolina Reaper x Takanotsume
Carolina Reaper x Corno di Toro (orange)

TRINIDAD
Trinidad Scorpion x Takanotsume
Trinidad Scorpion x Scotch Bonnet (yellow)

That's all for now, If you experienced growers have any advice I'm open ears (well eyes). 

Have a good day!

A plant that grows and cranks out pods like the Dragon Cayenne, but with the heat and flavor of the other parent would be a wonderful achievement! 

Geonerd said:
A plant that grows and cranks out pods like the Dragon Cayenne, but with the heat and flavor of the other parent would be a wonderful achievement! 
I'm excited Geo, can't wait to see what the F1 yield shows in terms of phenos, many possibilities :)

vSQt1bg.gif

Back