• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

plant Just one Pepper Plant to I.D.

11715731426_81c155e51c_c.jpg

-I can't help either, but like the color are the pods all purple that turns to red, I noticed that the plants don't look like they have any purple in the stems are the flowers purple or white.

Brain Strain Pepper Head said:
Pretty pepper but sorry can't help on IDing it. Is it hot?
yea, to me, it's hot

wildseed57 said:
-I can't help either, but like the color are the pods all purple that turns to red, I noticed that the plants don't look like they have any purple in the stems are the flowers purple or white.
pods started purple then turns red...  the flowers are also purple...

wildseed57 said:
very interesting, did the seeds come from a vendor or some one here?  its is some sort of a cross I hope some one can help you out.
neither, i got it from a hydro shop about a year ago.  and he didn't really know what it was... he said it was one of the hottest peppers.  I asked if it was a scorpion, and he said "something like that".   i ate a pod the other day, and didn't really kill me like how i thought a scorpion would...  But it was hot...  I can't compare it to anything, because I have no other experience eating pods.

My Guess---
Scorpion Tounge

I grew this last year but picked and canned at green stage. Got a late start last year due to moving. I asked tradewinds seeds for a description the other day as i wasnt sure if i wanted to grow again...here was his repsponse

It's called Scorpion Tongue, (sometimes Black Scoprion Tongue even though it isn't black). The fruits eventually ripen to red, but go through a yellow and purple intermediate stage. Here is the description:
---A rare and moderately hot pepper with wrinkled fruits that ripen through yellow and orange to red. Small to medium sized plants bear well. The fruits have a somewhat blocky, tongue-like shape. Along with its   hot flavor, the Scorpion Tongue is quite unique in shape and makes an attractive ornamental. 80 days.

wildseed57 said:
yes that is what it is or at least i think so, i not sure because the pods look bigger here in the picture than on the ones i grew last year, but otherwise look identical

your friend Joe

Back