• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Just ordered my seeds!!!

Just placed my order from www.tradewindsfruitstore.com for Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Fatali, 7 pot, Mayan Love Pepper, NuMex Big Jim, and Aji Lemon Drops. I've already got some cayenne's in the jiffy and the hoop house will be going up around the end of the month. Late start I know but around here "summer" doesn't really show up until mid-late august and lasts through november. I'll be sure to take pictures of the hoop house assembly and any seedling progress as it occurs. I'm super excited!

You should still be fine for a September-October harvest. Depending on which section of the coast you're on, it should stay plenty nice enough for pod production.

Good luck!

Thanks guys.

Now I just need to track down a cheap enough germination heat mat. My desk lamp set-up only heats about 1/4 of my jiffy at a time.

Thanks guys.

Now I just need to track down a cheap enough germination heat mat. My desk lamp set-up only heats about 1/4 of my jiffy at a time.

The mat/box/themostat on Amazon will run about $60. During winter I got mine for about $40 total. It's like buying ski gear during the summer. :)

Green Arrow/Green Thumb nurseries sell a heat mat and 72 cell mini greenhouse for about $30.+/-.

PICT1884.jpg

PICT1883.jpg

Don't know if other places have the same setup for that price.
I'd think the kit would be cheeper at wally world or Lowes etc.

Read about putting something under the heat mat.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/19121-seedling-heatmat/page__p__406201__hl__%2Bheat+%2Bmats__fromsearch__1#entry406201

There are a couple links to do it yourself stuff to make for seed germination too.

Smokemaster, I picked up that 72 cell hydrofarm unit you pictured for $26 off amazon. I just hope I get it. I've had some issues with amazon in the past. With the jiffy + desk lamp I have now, I think I'm gonna try covering it with a cardboard box to distribute the heat evenly.

Back