• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Just peppers??

A very good friend of mine, his father in law is from El Salvador and he brought back some peppers from his home not too long ago... He gave me some... They are very hot little tic tac sized bombs. I asked him what they are called and he shrugged and said peppers... I asked for alittle more detail he said they are just peppers... So I'm curious if anyone here might have an idea? I'm harvesting seeds to try a stab at growing them next season.

Attachments

• IMG_20201117_195210574.jpg
    IMG_20201117_195210574.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 111
Yeah I figure the same from alittle googling but I wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts. I asked his wife she calls them bird peppers because apparently birds eat them and then crap the seeds and that's why they grow wild everywhere according to her...she doesn't like them because they come from a scraggly ugly bush... lol

It is true, peppers like this spread from birds as do Lycium and Solanum, which also bear small red berries.

Bird peppers are frequently feral naturalized populations of Capsicum with small, red and hot berries. There are a number of them around the world.

It is an interesting pepper you have there.
I wonder how different it is from other pequin populations.

Could be a pequin, perhaps a c. chacoense.

My c. chacoense v Exile had pods like that
this season.

Back