• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

just pruned for the first time. very nervous.

20150114_131635_zps1c5bb9b6.jpg
[/img]

Moruga on left, numex center, ghost scorpion right.
Did I prune too much or not enough? They've been in the garage for a couple weeks due to cold rainy weather, haven't watered them since I brought them in. All were looking pretty healthy with new growth and even some flowering. Please tell me I didn't screw this up

Oh my god, pruning them like THAT will kill them.

Nah just kidding, if you provide them with sufficient lighting you will notice a lot of leaf growing action within a week. Those grow points will also sprout new branches, hence more yield. The plants should really bush out. Good luck!

Haha pfeffer your first line was the first thing I saw in replies, my heart sank then literally just sighed in relief. Thanks y'all, I feel much better.
Now with lighting, I don't have a set up, should I just let them out every now and then for a little bit? Or will the basic lights in the garage do anything for them?
Also what about watering? The soil isn't bone dry, so every few weeks or so with a light Water or full on soak even less often? Should I water them now that I've cut them back?

When you water you should water all the way through to make sure the bottom half of the roots are sufficiently wet. You shouldn't water until the soil is dry a few inches under the surface. If your soil drains well most of the excess should drain out of the bottom

I don't deep water.. I just take turns on top and bottom watering. I judge the amount of water based on the pot weight. You don't need to much light, just make sure it gets 3-5 hours of direct sun in the Windowsill.

twilliams386 said:
Haha pfeffer your first line was the first thing I saw in replies, my heart sank then literally just sighed in relief. Thanks y'all, I feel much better.
Now with lighting, I don't have a set up, should I just let them out every now and then for a little bit? Or will the basic lights in the garage do anything for them?
Also what about watering? The soil isn't bone dry, so every few weeks or so with a light Water or full on soak even less often? Should I water them now that I've cut them back?
mine are sitting next to a window. Don't need them to grow anything new, just survive.
Dump a liter of water in each every month.

Back