Just scored some light fixtures. Need help with one

Just won these at a local auction for $10. I've had a somewhat lucky week.  I was planning on going and buying new fixtures.  Luckily I found the auction and was able to win this stuff and a bunch of toys, household decorations, xmas stuff and furniture as well. 

These two 4' T8 fixtures that appear to be in fantastic shape.  I cannot test until I buy some bulbs. 
EK0bjzT.jpg

fNQdUBc.jpg

This 4' T5 four-bulb fixture.  Only had the two bulbs included and one is blown.  The other works fine.  However, when I picked it up I noticed a couple peices missing from it. Not sure if this is something I can pick up and replace or not?  If not, I will only be able to use two of the bulbs.  They appear as if they would just pop out so I am wondering if I could maybe buy a couple, pop them in and be good to go?  Not sure what to check to see if something is broke or not.
y1wZRRQ.jpg

Notice the bulb holder missing.  Not sure if something is broken inside or it's simply a matter of aquiring new holders and pop them in?

csqhULb.jpg

Nice score though :)

Sure you can replace those...
They most likely have them at Lowes or HD close to you.
If not, I'm guessing there is a local electrical/lighting supply house near you that could definitely take care of you.
Nice score!

HopsNBarley said:
Sure you can replace those...
They most likely have them at Lowes or HD close to you.
If not, I'm guessing there is a local electrical/lighting supply house near you that could definitely take care of you.
Nice score!
That's great news. Guessing I will need to replace the whole plastic holder and not just the insert that's missing?  

I do believe the T5 fixture is an actual grow light.  The lady said she used the fixtures for growing plants and while the T8's are regular residential fixtures for a garage or something the T5's look exactly like a couple grow lights I found on ebay.  No brand name any where on it though just has a sticker that says 4 x 54 watt T5 HO and some numbers. 

Forgot to mention I also got two single bulb  T12 fixtures as well in the group that wasn't even listed in the auction description lol.  So 5 fixtures for under $10 ($9.05 to be exact.)  Blew my mind no one else bidded on these. 
the 4 x 54 watt.  If needed I could put lower watt bulbs in right?  Just don't exceed 54 watts per bulb?

pretty sure this is the exact fixture I have
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T5-Grow-Light-48-4-Foot-4-Bulb-Lamp-Fixture-Fluorescent-Veg-6500K-4Ft-hydro-ft-/190876278664?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item2c711cdf88

The end pieces (sometimes called "tombstones" ) can be replaced.  Take the fixture with you to make sure you get the right part.  "HO" = High Output, make sure you get HO parts. 

Nice score!

at least write down the model number and specs for the light.  The tombstones might all look the same, but if they're not HO rated, you could have problems, hot/melted plastics, etc...

One way would be to put in new bulbs and see how they work, but I'm sure willard3 has a more technical way to do it. After It seems like I can only get one or two bulbs out of a fluorescent fixture and then the ballast needs to be changed. YMMV

I was only able to test two bulb slots because of the broken lampholders and they checked out fine.  Those 54 watt T5's are very bright. 

Ok I tore it apart to get a broken lampholder out when something hit me as odd.  Is it normal for these to not have a neutral or ground, but only a hot for each lampholder?  Yellow out of ballast into red on one side, red out of ballast on the other
wk2fLq9.jpg

Guessing the ballast does the grounding via the shell?
JR8k2bC.jpg

poMxzsN.jpg

aSIsFkN.jpg

Now, I am usually very good at figuring things out but this little lampholder has me beat.  No matter where I poked it at there was now way to free the wire.  I ended up snipping it off.  Can one of you pinpoint exactly where I need to press with a nail or screwdriver to release the wire from the holder? lol
lV2Tz3I.jpg

This is the part number I need.  Hard to tell if lowes will carry it or not.  Thinking about replacing all 8.  Good idea I would say
To0mHF3.jpg

If you can't find a release point for the wire, you can usually work the wire out by gripping it with pliers (needlenose work well) and gently pulling while twisting left-right-left-right.  It would be a good idea to replace all of the end caps if you can afford it.  Seems like some I replaced recently were ~ $6 per piece for HO 8' bulbs. 

I found these and it's the exact same part number and look exactly like mine but no price.  I sent a request for them to contact me.  Also, notice mine say 120w and 600v.  The ones on the link for the exact part number say 75w and 600v
http://www.etlin.com/product_specs.asp?pid=FL622-S

Then I found these.  Exact part number minus the -s at the end but look exactly the same with the same ratings.  $0.55 each
http://www.bulbspro.com/etlin-medium-t5-rotary-lock-snap-in-screw-mount-fl622.html

Back