• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just some leaf curl, puckering and burn

I have a few plants with this puckering of the leaves, just wanted to know if its normal
420337_3132204098607_1069905894_32961077_1047952208_n.jpg

and most of my plants have this leaf curl is that from to high of heat? one day my temps reached 98degrees, and one have this burn on it... Is it look like fert burn or do you think its from the leaves being wet?
432034_3132218098957_1069905894_32961095_1539421208_n.jpg

hmm, some of mine look a lot like that too, could that be from over watering or no, and if it is fert overload, what could you do about it.. I don't think mine is personally because I have the slow release grains and stuff in the soil, and its on the top and I have only watered once since re-potting them last week.. but mine also don't have the burned tips or spots, just the bumpiness and a little curl like that

I use fox farms soil and about a month after transplanting I start using fish fert every other watering with some epsom

check under the leaves and see if there are any little bumps, like water sacs kind of... might just look like dots kind of.. mainly on the plants with the curling and brown spots

hmm, that is strange then, I would have guessed if there were any bumps at all, then it could be edema on it's way out, mine when they recovered/recovering from edema (which now that I have another new soil mix, I need to figure out the watering schedule over again lol) they leave the little brown splotches there, and a little leaf curling

You can flush the plant to get rid of excess fertilizer. Just start running water through them. I gave a kid a pepper plant to grow and I premixed some fert for him in a gallon jug. I told him once every two weeks to take a cup of the premix and add it to a gallon of water then water the plant. Two days later he's asking me for more premix. He screwed up and poured the entire gallon of premix on the plant. I had him set the hose on it at a slow trickle and rinse all of the dirt out of the pot then redo it. Amazingly it did survive but it never produced a single pod.

C. chinense plants are notorious for having "bubbles" on the leaves. People have used Epsom salts, calcium, iron, zinc and who knows what else to fix it. Don't worry about it, the plants will grow out of it.

I have a few plants with this puckering of the leaves, just wanted to know if its normal
420337_3132204098607_1069905894_32961077_1047952208_n.jpg

and most of my plants have this leaf curl is that from to high of heat? one day my temps reached 98degrees, and one have this burn on it... Is it look like fert burn or do you think its from the leaves being wet?
432034_3132218098957_1069905894_32961095_1539421208_n.jpg

That looks like a combo of too much Ferts ( burnt tips and leaf curling) and Cal deficency ( puckered look ) Mine looked like that really bad bought some Calmag from Botanicare and watered it in and just like that the new growth looked much better .. made a believer out of me.

hmm, that is strange then, I would have guessed if there were any bumps at all, then it could be edema on it's way out, mine when they recovered/recovering from edema (which now that I have another new soil mix, I need to figure out the watering schedule over again lol) they leave the little brown splotches there, and a little leaf curling
they are actually blisters

98 degrees is too hot. That will make em pucker. How close to the light do you have them?
it was just one day it got like 85 outside and my fan was turned off so the garage hit like 97.6 but now i have it at an average of 80 no higher than 85 and no lower that 65.
at the moment the light is about 4 inches from the tallest plant and 7 inches from the shortest

it was just one day it got like 85 outside and my fan was turned off so the garage hit like 97.6 but now i have it at an average of 80 no higher than 85 and no lower that 65.
at the moment the light is about 4 inches from the tallest plant and 7 inches from the shortest

IC, that's not too bad. I was thinking the soil may have gotten too dried out and the plant too close to the light. A couple of my plants got too dried out and curled their leaves. One was too close to the light with very dry soil and is still curly at the top. The one that is still curled up has a flower bud on it and seems to be fine. The others went back to normal after I watered them. I gave them fertilizer with the water too though. It could be a deficiency, too much fertilizer, or they got dried out. Was your soil dry and did you a lot of fertilizer or fertilizer more than once a week.

Back