• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling Just some wings

I'm rehabbing an '05 Weber Summit Platinum six-burner grill, so after getting everything in working shape this weekend, I've been putting it through its paces. Tonight I cooked up some wings. Wings dusted with Dizzy Pig Red Eye Express, and finished with a sprinkle of Chipotle powder. Direct over right two burners on med/low for 5 minutes per side, then moved them to indirect with just the outside two burners on med/low:

1648692209303.jpeg

10 minutes per side indirect, then plated up with some ranch and some fresh parsley from the garden:

1648692244228.jpeg

Lip smacking good, gentle warmth from the Chipotle, good stuff! :)

The BEAST:

1648692277740.jpeg

Rich

Wings look great! Dizzy Pig stuff is really good. Chris Capell's palette is unbelievable. Weber is awesome as well. Wish it was charcoal. :D

Wings look great! Dizzy Pig stuff is really good. Chris Capell's palette is unbelievable. Weber is awesome as well. Wish it was charcoal. :D
Yeah, Chris is awesome! I first connected with him on the old BGE forum when he was just getting started with the business (running it out of his basement.) I've been a customer since he opened, and I love the way he has expanded the line-up of rubs. A lot of people think I'm weird to put a coffee rub on chicken, but I think it's a great combo! :)

In addition to the Summit, I've got a '95 Mastertouch kettle, and a '95 Performer with stainless table, so plenty of ways to burn charcoal! :)

R

Last edited:
Back