• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Just wanted to say hi!!!!!

:oops: A nice warm hello from minnesota in January! I started growing aeroponics inside.... Well my seeds are germinating anyways!:)
I guess I'm ready to ask my first question.... RED or Green?
NO,NO.NO ......Beans or no beans? No thats not it!:rolleyes:
How do I know when I'm ready to put the seedlings into the aeroponic system? Yeah, thats a better question!;)

Hey! Welcome.

You can go into aeroponic as soon as they sprout. I definitely would not wait.

As far as beans, we have a don't ask/don't tell policy. ;)

What kind of aero system you got man? Also what are you germinating the seeds in? Generally you would wait til they have their first or second set of true leaves and good roots poking out of the starting blocks/plugs. Then start with mild feeding and ramp them up to full strength as they grow.

Got any pics of your system?

I'll get pix up soon!

I made my system and I'm using a 400 watt m.h. light. I started them in peat pellets and they are just starting to get the second set of leaves. I'm growing, jalopeno,peter peppers, chinese multi-colors,naga jolokis,yellow scotch bonnet, choco habs, plus I will start seeding in about a month for springtime! We have to start early in minnesota!

joeknowsjolokia said:
I made my system and I'm using a 400 watt m.h. light. I started them in peat pellets and they are just starting to get the second set of leaves. I'm growing, jalopeno,peter peppers, chinese multi-colors,naga jolokis,yellow scotch bonnet, choco habs, plus I will start seeding in about a month for springtime! We have to start early in minnesota!

Sweet deal man, I'm interested in more details about your setup. I was kicking around the idea of building an aero system myself but decided to simplify things and build a DWC. Do you use sprayer nozzles or foggers and what kind of pump? One of the main reasons I didn't go with aeroponics was the high price of the timers that can cycle on/off in minute increments.

But if you see roots out the bottom and they have several leaves I say toss them in the system, but I'd hold off on the HID light or at least start it pretty far away from the plants til they adjust.

PICS!!!

You guys are great!

firstpeppersgrwnindoors.jpg

As for the aeroponics I am using sprayers and the timer is about 65 dollars! I'm going to check out a cheaper one here in minn. or, I might try to design my own. :flamethrower:As of right now, I don't have one!

joeknowsjolokia said:
firstpeppersgrwnindoors.jpg

As for the aeroponics I am using sprayers and the timer is about 65 dollars! I'm going to check out a cheaper one here in minn. or, I might try to design my own. :flamethrower:As of right now, I don't have one!

Lol, my first thought was to design my own as well, cause I can get couple relays and a microcontroller for next to nothing. So do you just have it running 24/7 for now? Are those blue tubes drip tubes making it a drip/aero hybrid?

Sorry, lots of questions :lol:

Right now it's not running yet! But will probably have some type of timer before I start it!
My thought on the blue tubes were to add more oxigen to the roots!:lol: I dont know if I'm going with it.I have extra air pumps lying around.:oops:
"hybrid" thats funny!

Back