• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Jveri's 2016 Glog

Hey Everyone

Been a member here for a bit but never really introduced myself. I have grown tomatoes and various hot peppers for the past few years but this year I am getting a head start on the growing season. Started some seeds three weeks ago and am overwintering a Aji Lemon from last season. Here is my pepper growlist for this year

Aji Amarillo
Aji Pineapple (Seeds on there way)
Jalapeno Cracked
Farmers Market Jalapeno
Costa rican Red Rocoto
Giant Mexican Rocoto
Pineapple Rocoto
Habanero Peach
Chocolate Habanero
White Giant Habanero
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Cumara di Pari ( seeds on there way)
Bishops Hat ( seeds on there way)
Pimiento de padron
Trinidad Perfume
Bahamian Goat
Jimmy Nardello
Poblano

Will post some pics in the next day or two.

Thanks

lemondropfeb1_zpsipgsr29r.jpg

Aji Lemon Drop that is overwintering from last season. Only got 3 ripe pods off of it last year so trying to keep it going 

growop2feb1_zpsd74oo7rp.jpg

Chocolate Habanero, Poblano, Bahamian Goat, Aji Omnicolor and Farmers Market Jalapeno transplanted in big cups

growopfeb1_zps9vg6r29n.jpg

Cracked Jalapeno, Trinidad Perfume, AJi Mango, Giant Mexican Red Rocoto, Costa Rican Red Rocoto, White giant habanero, MOa Scotch Bonnet waiting to be transplanted

Updated pics from this morning. All varieties except Cumari di para, Bishops Crown, Aji Pineapple, Tepin x Lemon Drop have been planted/transplanted. Those seeds just showed up yesterday in the mail so will get those germinating tonight. The hydroponics nutrients seem to really be helping along my OW Lemon Drop. Seedlings with there first true leaves will get a very weak fertilizer solution later this week.

growopfeb9_zpssofshpaa.jpg

lemondropfeb9_zps69hjcp6w.jpg

Tepin x :Lemon drop, Cumara di para, bishops crown and aji pineapple are all planted into there Rockwool cubes. Also started another Aji Amarillo and MOA plant. Will post some new pics in a few days

jveri said:
lemondropfeb1_zpsipgsr29r.jpg

Aji Lemon Drop that is overwintering from last season. Only got 3 ripe pods off of it last year so trying to keep it going 

growop2feb1_zpsd74oo7rp.jpg

Chocolate Habanero, Poblano, Bahamian Goat, Aji Omnicolor and Farmers Market Jalapeno transplanted in big cups

growopfeb1_zps9vg6r29n.jpg

Cracked Jalapeno, Trinidad Perfume, AJi Mango, Giant Mexican Red Rocoto, Costa Rican Red Rocoto, White giant habanero, MOa Scotch Bonnet waiting to be transplanted

I noticed your Flora Gro nutes in the background there (not to mention the rockwool for some of your starts). Do you also grow hydroponically?

nice list!

I dont grow hydroponically, I am using the two cup methods for all of my plants this year. So I am mixing the nutes and putting them in the bottom cups. Khang Starr on youtube does this with great results so I thought i would try it out. None of my seedlings have had any fertilizer as of yet.

20160321_125021_zpsgvt2mprj.jpg

20160321_125024_zps5zr6xu1e.jpg

Things are progressing, basement is only 60 degrees so growth is a bit slow. Once the roots reach the second cup they have really taken off growth-wise. The AJi's are growing about 3 times as fast as all of the other annums/chinenses. Started tomatoes and eggplant the other day and transplanted my tomatillos into the red solo cups.

20160406_123124_zpsklely49t.jpg

Things are progressing nicely!! The Ajis are still outgrowing the other varieties as of right now with the same nutrients being used.

20160406_123140_zpsrlbizdtr.jpg

20160406_123148_zpsdqlzzvfq.jpg

20160406_123209_zpsshqx1aan.jpg

I pruned back my Aji Lemon in hopes of spurring some new growth as it hasnt done much all winter regardless of light levels and fertilizing. Transplanted it again a few weeks ago into the same pot with fresh Fox Farms Soil.

20160406_123228_zpsxajzphla.jpg

Back