• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Karaman Sehir Acid Biber - The Karaman City Hot Pepper, Pepperlover.com

Many thanks to Judy at Pepperlover.com for a remarkable box of Turkish peppers that included this beauty! The Karaman Sehir Aci Biber, or Karaman City Hot Pepper. 

A unique shaped-pepper and one that had a great aroma when cut open. Certainly, it had the normal C.annuum backbone, but there were also some slight aromatic notes that reminded me of banana and possibly clove. 

The flavor was extremely sweet right up front, followed by a very fruity flavor reminiscent of cherries, minus the acidity of cherries. No banaba or clove flavors, though! Quite out of the ordinary flavors for a C.annuum, in an extremely good way.

The heat came on quite slowly, another oddity for an annuum. Initially is was a warming heat, below that of a Jalapeño, but as it slowly ramped up it showed the usually annuum heat characteristics of being spiky and aggressive. It peaked at slightly above what I`d expect for a Red Jalapeño.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeiyAnOs9ig&feature=youtu.be

Bailey said:
When are you gonna review the rest Nigel? I can see them on the counter behind you...
Looking forward to it
Thanks! They are all done, just need some editing and posting on YouTube, which is the biggest bottleneck. 

Back