• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Kato's Hemi Sauce

I'm sitting here sipping from a bottle of Kato's Hemi that Mick sent me. The sauce is orange in color with chunks of garlic floating around. It's not runny, nor too thick to pour. It's just right!

The heat is mild, but it's there. ( I may be a little jaded because I had earlier had a few drops of Final Answer, followed later by 1/2 bottle of Kato's Down
South with supper.)

I can taste the Garlic, the Scotch Bonnet Peppers, or maybe it's Orange habs, and I believe, Carrots. ( No label on my sample, but I trust the source for it to be edible.:lol: )
For flavor, I compare it to Blair's Original Death Sauce, which is a garlic sauce also, with a lower level of heat. The lower heat level will have a large market appeal. It's milder than Kato's Down South. All I can think about at this point is mixing it with the wife's Garlic Mushroom Sauce for an eyeopening, palatte pleasing Italian Meal.
90% of my friends can't stand the heat levels I can and won't even try what I think is a decent level of heat. This sauce will appeal to that 90%, and for those of us who love HEAT, it will also appeal to us because of the flavor.
I only had a few spoonfuls and will stop before I drink it all and save it for our next Spaghetti meal.
Too be honest, I could just drink it down. It's that good.

NOTE: It may not be on the Market at this time, but it should be!

When Tinner says "mild" most of us can read that as "hot".

I too have a bottle of this and will write a full review soon. Let me just say that this is up to the quality standards i have come to expect from Kato's ... it's excellent!

imaguitargod said:
I would give the heat a 5ish.

Wife hasn't used it in food yet, but she tried it on her finger and liked it. She said she could detect 'some' heat. Not too much though.

( She thinks Tabasco is VERY hot):sick:

If she liked it, Kato has a winner here! I waiting for somebody with tastebuds to check this sauce out!;)

tinner666 said:
Wife hasn't used it in food yet, but she tried it on her finger and liked it. She said she could detect 'some' heat. Not too much though.

( She thinks Tabasco is VERY hot);)

If she liked it, Kato has a winner here! I waiting for somebody with tastebuds to check this sauce out!:shocked:
Tell her to have a spoonfull (that's what I did) :sick:

tinner666 said:

( She thinks Tabasco is VERY hot):)

If she liked it, Kato has a winner here! I waiting for somebody with tastebuds to check this sauce out!:)
After sitting at the bar and eating spponfull after spoonfull of this sauce (which is now half gone because of that), I would like to change my heat rating to a 4.....officially...

See!:) That sauce is almost like a self-contained meal.:) I went through 1/4 bottle without slowing. It's a good sauce and I think I would like it straight, on spaghetti. Bit more expensive than spaghetti sauce though!

Frank,

Thanks for the kind words.

We agree it is only medium heat. We tried to produce a sauce that would appeal to a wide range of folks. Habaneros, and garlic to have a alot of uses and go great with all kinds of foods.

Mick
Kato's

Back