• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water keep watering?

i got around to planting my seeds the weekend. I just bought a cheap indoor greenhouse. it has 72 cells, comes in a tray with a clear cover and a heat pad. I used an indoor potting soil. my question is this now that it's running do i continue to water this? I was thinking of getting a spray bottle and just misting the top of the soil every couple of days. would this be the way to go or should i just add water to the tray and let the soil soak it up?

and you guys are right if I check it every hour or so I think it'll help speed up the germination process.

I prefer bottom watering, although some people like to use the spray bottle. It's a matter of choice. With the lid on, you won't lose much water, and what condenses on the lid will drip back down if you don't keep opening it to peek.

I'd just bottom water them, not too much and not until they start to get a bit dry. Overwatering is one of the easiest and worst mistakes to make.

Water it when it gets dried out. The greenhouse will keep it prity moist though. Also it all depends on what seeds you planted. Some like to be wet others like to dry out occasionally.

Back