• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Keeping a habanero plant @ my office?

My co-worker suggested this, but I'm wondering if it will work. I work under fluorescent lights in a climate controled environment. Would growing a habanero plant in a clay pot on my desk work? And if so, what would be the best way to care for it?

I don't think you'll get enough light unless you place the plant right up near the fluorescent bulbs and even then it will probably grow leggy after a while.

It might work but will DEFINITLY get leegy (like Potawie says.....my god Potawie....is that an uncercimcised Peter Pepper in you avatar? thing looks gnarly!).

The other problem I encountered was those blasted aphids. No natural enemies indoors and in an office it is harder to spray. I was going to try the garlic thing but over the weekend they got so bad nothing would save them.

Mike

I say try...

I wouldn't go for nagas, do habs or jala types..they seem handle unforgiving areas well.

Fatalis..are beastys...if ya get em sprouted, ya got mondo plants.

It cant hurt eh?

Be a hell of a conversation starter too. ;)

I have a small cross that grows quite wonderful indoors with nearly no light. it is just 6cm-8cm tall (probably cause of the poor light), but gives fruit every now and then. I do think it's a type of bird pepper.

Omri said:
I have a small cross that grows quite wonderful indoors with nearly no light. it is just 6cm-8cm tall (probably cause of the poor light), but gives fruit every now and then. I do think it's a type of bird pepper.
Here's the cross outside (first day). just looking like pure evil.
80866000mi5.jpg

The cross is working on its tan.
50033282ki4.jpg

Just enjoying its life.
85203079yd4.jpg

Back