• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

killed my primos

So I get home from work one day and the gf says "oh, I am sooo sorry but something happened today..."
I say "like what?" thinking it was something minor like all my clothes burned or the refridgerator door was left open and all the food spoiled...
"I accidently knocked over the pepper tray in the window. I put them back in but I don't think they look very good." So of course I sprint to the window and what to my wondering eyes should appear: four jalapenos, four datils, three caribbean reds, two poblanos, and one cayenne...but no tiny primos anywhere in sight. I had two started and they were both on their second set of true leaves. As I was looking the plants over...and they did look horrid...the gf says, "oh I didn't see the ones that fell in the tree pot". There is a hibiscus tree next to the window so I looked in the pot and there were my beloved primos, wilted, trashed and quite simply dead.

I mourned their loss, but have moved on by trying to germ more seeds, even though I thought I was done with that process.

Just wanted to share my loss with you, my pepper-loving family.

Thank you

As far as the gf..."accident"...have any of you seen "The Christmas Story" and the leg lamp...yeah, jealousy

might be a while before I forgive her for this one

For a moment there I thought you had killed your cousins...glad that it's nothing that serious ;) Woman can be a destructive force of nature

There is a certain amount of truth to the statement "babies bounce." With no pics, it's hard to say, but it is possible they are salvageable, if you haven't tossed them already. I've had my share of plants I thought were going to die or did die pull through. If you keep them and keep treating them like they'll make it, they just might. Again, caveat that no pics were posted, but miracles DO happen!

There is a certain amount of truth to the statement "babies bounce." With no pics, it's hard to say, but it is possible they are salvageable, if you haven't tossed them already. I've had my share of plants I thought were going to die or did die pull through. If you keep them and keep treating them like they'll make it, they just might. Again, caveat that no pics were posted, but miracles DO happen!

I have cut back for over wintering (not much winter anyway in so calif) and thought some brown stumps were dead and just tossed them aside... A couple months later I noticed I have a nice patch of Goats weed growing by my fence at my mulch pile.
Even wilted, they might come back through ok.

The more I try and save them the faster they'll die. toss em away, and they thrive lol

Cops are gona be looking for you, for killing the primos (cousins) . ;)

I have to tell you that once I had like about 100 orange habs in a 1 gallon pot and it fell about 4 feet. looks like they were all gone, but no. I just took the advantage of having the dirt loose so I can separate so I just took a good 10 (random) and potted them up and added water in about half hour they started to come back from the dead. 8 survived, but the point is that you just can't give up. Good luck on your next cousins *ahem* I mean primos. ;)

,Vegas

These had been sitting soiless, waterless for hours...no pics because there were without a doubt dead. Not the first time a pot has tipped over in fact she did almost the exact same thing to some jwalas that I started late summer...tipped them over like three times. But I was there each time to scoop them up and replant them in bigger pots.
I checked my germination tonight and looks like I may have a sprout already...germination in three days...not bad I must say

These had been sitting soiless, waterless for hours...no pics because there were without a doubt dead. Not the first time a pot has tipped over in fact she did almost the exact same thing to some jwalas that I started late summer...tipped them over like three times. But I was there each time to scoop them up and replant them in bigger pots.
I checked my germination tonight and looks like I may have a sprout already...germination in three days...not bad I must say

That sounds on purpose. There has to be mayor traffic around those windowsills yet to not even notice the seedlings there.

Don't take my advice seriously, but I'd dump her. Think about it, would you trust her with your kids? A wife/GF should be supportive in a man's hobby or anything in life actually. What's having a GF that just screws up your hobby or doesn't show support?

My wife doesn't really mind, I give her all she needs to be happy and most of all attention. One day I spend with my babies and one day with the Wifey, and everything just balances out. Good luck.

,Vegas

I feel your pain all the love/hard work/ dedication we put into growing our peppers and it is ends with a oops Sorry honey ?man oops has never fixed a thing man.lol but for real I second 3/5Kings comment.

After a traumatic brush with death like that, some people use sex to re-affirm life.

Next time she's heading to bed, have the handcuffs, butter, and riding crop laid out in her spot on the bed. She'll know what to do.

After a traumatic brush with death like that, some people use sex to re-affirm life.

Next time she's heading to bed, have the handcuffs, butter, and riding crop laid out in her spot on the bed. She'll know what to do.

I didn't know there was another way to have the bed made....

After burying her...Ahem, I mean the Primos. Just start over man, it not too late. I gotta think the last frost in Wisconsin is a few months away.

Back