• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

korean peppers

has anybody tried this before?and they all hybrids
i saw this in a korean grocery store
Nok Guk Put F1
Wa Mae Wo F1
Han Rim Ggwa Ri Put F1
IMG_1401.jpg

Good choices mate- those are classics- the gwari is a curly one like shisotto, almost lady fingers like. The others like the hong is good for powders, soups when dried just like the Wae mwae wo- Daeng- The last one looks like a table chilli- worth a try. Wow, they made it there already.

Those are new ones.

I got some of the Gwari Put and Wae Mae Wo from BootsieB in an earlier swap (well... actually a care package) Both are growing fine. Because Korea is far enough north that they have a shorter growing season they tend to favor peppers that fit within that timeframe. If I remember correctly, Hawaii is in the seventies year 'round so you should have no trouble growing them there. I ran the varieties I got from Bootsie past a friend in town who runs a Korean restaurant. She says that the Wae Mae Wo is a very spicy pepper. Cheers

Do you know if the market where you got your seeds does mail order? I'd appreciate it if you sent contact info if they do. Thanks.

Do you know if the market where you got your seeds does mail order? I'd appreciate it if you sent contact info if they do. Thanks.

i dont think they do, they look like a family owned store, i just happened to stop by that day because my friend wants to cook some korean food, if ever i stop by again ill try to check if they do mail order

Back