• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

kratom tree

Im deciding to grow a tropical tree,
Going to see how this goes. May have to learn some bonsai techniques to stunt the growth.

Hehe... "tropical". that's a fine choice there my friend.
Haven't grew it myself, but had the pleasure of trying it.

If you do manage to grow a plant of ya own, would REALLY like some cuttings. :D

Bonsai's are fun but they require a bit of a commitment. No more than an aquarium though. If you forget to water them too many days in a row....... :cry:

Kratom is a really cool plant, I've never grown it either (not terribly easy to get here) but hopefully one day :)
Best of luck!

I'm inspired now, I best buy some seeds before it's banned here... :-/

Mitragynine and any preparation containing it (incl dried herb!!) were scheduled S9 in Australia as from 1st of May 2004.
Mitragyna speciosa (the live plant) has also been scheduled S9, which took effect on the 1st of January 2005. This makes possession, sale, cultivation and consumption a jailable offence.
(S9 is the schedule that contains all illegal drugs such as speed, heroin, cannabis, etc)

http://shaman-australis.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=21_34_91

Looks like you'll be doing some forum hunting to source your seeds.

Mitragynine and any preparation containing it (incl dried herb!!) were scheduled S9 in Australia as from 1st of May 2004.
Mitragyna speciosa (the live plant) has also been scheduled S9, which took effect on the 1st of January 2005. This makes possession, sale, cultivation and consumption a jailable offence.
(S9 is the schedule that contains all illegal drugs such as speed, heroin, cannabis, etc)

http://shaman-australis.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=21_34_91

Looks like you'll be doing some forum hunting to source your seeds.

Ahh damnit, I didn't think the plant itself was scheduled as yet...
I was a memeber on The Corroboree , looks like I better rejoin.

WTH is this plant and why is it illegal?

I must grow it! :D

Edit: Just did a little bit of research. Just like our government to ban something that can help people without putting money in their pockets. Methadone or a natural substitute? Of coarse lets go the man made chemical. Idiots they are and they really piss me off!

...Just did a little bit of research. Just like our government to ban something that can help people without putting money in their pockets. Methadone or a natural substitute? Of coarse lets go the man made chemical. Idiots they are and they really piss me off!

+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

I posted about gardenfreedom a while ago and all I got was "don't care", "I grow what I want", etc. That's exactly how these things happen, no one cares enough in Australia to do anything about it, so we lose our freedoms. Never mind the supposed multiculturalism we have, as long as your view suits the governments view, you can practice your culture. Australia used to be research leaders, now we have CSIRO breaking their own charter, good scientists leaving and too many restrictions to actually research anything.
I know if I want to use my BSc when I finish it, I can't really use it in Australia, so I'll probably end up having to go overseas.
Lazy law writing FTW.

Back