labels Label Applicator

Hey All,

I'm looking for a label applicator. Manual or Automatic, doesn't matter.
But the thing is, we have clear plastic liner rather then the paper/wax style. It's harder for the label to peal away. Doing it by hand its too tedious and can have a bunch of air bubbles. Takes about a minute to fully apply and clear away the bubbles by hand.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Klaatu Barada said:
I use one of these and it's been going strong for a couple of years now. Saying that, I spoke to a Kombucha maker recently who uses clear labels, and they said that they'e trickier to apply and require a squeegee to fully remove all the bubbles.
do you happen to know what they use? We pretty hand are hand applying and using a credit card while applying the label to get the bubbles out.

https://imgur.com/a/U6BMc44

I couldn't get the image to just come on here so that link will have to work.
The backing is clear plastic and the label doesn't come off as easily as it would on the paper ones.

Hand applying creates bubbles so we have to use a card to slide any bubbles out and it is very time consuming.

Hmmm, the label ingredients look like a hot sauce, nothing out of the ordinary.  Why the need for a clear and hard to apply label?  Is there something special about a clear label that will set your product far and above any other hot sauce?

Is your product worth the effort of dealing with a clear label?

salsalady said:
Hmmm, the label ingredients look like a hot sauce, nothing out of the ordinary.  Why the need for a clear and hard to apply label?  Is there something special about a clear label that will set your product far and above any other hot sauce?

Is your product worth the effort of dealing with a clear label?

at the time of purchase, i wasn't aware that they would come on a clear backing. But mrs angry cat wanted our logo to be "floating" felt like it would set us apart from other hot sauce labels/companies. It does look good on the bottles. invested in 500 labels of each so no turning back now lol

2AngryCats said:

at the time of purchase, i wasn't aware that they would come on a clear backing. But mrs angry cat wanted our logo to be "floating" felt like it would set us apart from other hot sauce labels/companies. It does look good on the bottles. invested in 500 labels of each so no turning back now lol
Well ya gotta work with the Mrs. 

Maybe there's a way to work the outline into a custom die cut label, so it would work with traditional label stock at a lower price point. 

Sounds like there are more paths to work with. 
Good Luck !  You'll make it~
salsalady

2AngryCats said:
I couldn't get the image to just come on here so that link will have to work.

Try this..... Go to the IMGUR image you want to place in the post - Right click on the image - Left click on Copy image....

Imgur_Copy_Image.jpg

Return to the post - When the cursor is flashing where you want the pic to appear - Hit ctrl + V (Paste)

RRiJWmm.jpg

not sure if you have done this or not but maybe change your search term to label dispenser and specify clear coat sensor.

i use to sell label applicators and all the stuff to go along with that type of solution. Label Aire and Label mill with Label Aire being the high end solution and Lablelmill as a lower cost break point. Territory was Western Canada, Soya World and Lush in Vancouver BC were large customers.

here is just one example of a label dispenser with clear coat sensor:
I don't work in the industry anymore but hope this helps leads you to a product.

Back