artwork Label art

OK Have been working on my label art, this is not a finished product and I know the text is in need of work.

I would like some input on what I have been getting done.

What do you guys think? Again keep in mind I am still working on it and I know of a few things that need fixing,

Attachments

• 10708135_508584072577742_980898378_n.jpg
    10708135_508584072577742_980898378_n.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 65
obeychase said:
Coming from a graphic artist POV, the design is nice! My only recommendation is changing that typeface. I've seen that typeface too too many times. What program are you creating this in? Adobe Illustrator, etc.

Just playing with some ideas, but you could go with something such as

ok3ts4X.jpg
I to be honest am not doing the art. This is a first draft with text

Thanks for the font ideas I will let her know

Kevin

A few things pop out.  First, the genies hand is in the way if the "ij".  It's not a word one would be able to determine by just seeing half the letters. The same for the bottom, but you can probably just move the font in front of the flames. Second, how will this logo look when it's only 80 pixels? The logo needs to scale well to all sizes and be distinguishable. Also wondering, is it a genie? Is there a story behind this.  The background looks like he might be on Mars? Finally, regarding the fonts, I think flaring, curley and special-effect fonts get hard to read when small. Some of those may cost money to use commercially, although they are free for the home gamer.  Just a few quick observations.  Good luck. 

PepperDaddy said:
A few things pop out.  First, the genies hand is in the way if the "ij".  It's not a word one would be able to determine by just seeing half the letters. The same for the bottom, but you can probably just move the font in front of the flames. Second, how will this logo look when it's only 80 pixels? The logo needs to scale well to all sizes and be distinguishable. Also wondering, is it a genie? Is there a story behind this.  The background looks like he might be on Mars? Finally, regarding the fonts, I think flaring, curley and special-effect fonts get hard to read when small. Some of those may cost money to use commercially, although they are free for the home gamer.  Just a few quick observations.  Good luck. 

I think he specifically said its a label, which in that case it doesn't necessarily need to scale. He could very well do something different for his logo.

It all kind of washes together for me, and nothing pops. Nothing is striking or bold. The flames could be fall leaves.

Agree - very monochromatic - background color should be used to highlight the genie. It needs to pop.

Flames, text and genie all sort of melt together with the background. Doesn't draw the eye to any particular thing.

djinn said:
OK Have been working on my label art, this is not a finished product and I know the text is in need of work.

I would like some input on what I have been getting done.

What do you guys think? Again keep in mind I am still working on it and I know of a few things that need fixing,

Great first effort, and you have something to go with here.  The obvious that first jumped out (without reading the other responses) - J and I make it look like "Pepper Dunn"

Perhaps use less flames with a 1pt stroke around each to make it pop, and make the table, or whatever is on the lower 1/3 of the label another color, like white, or black.

The Hot Pepper said:
It all kind of washes together for me, and nothing pops. Nothing is striking or bold. The flames could be fall leaves.
Yes when I look at the flames from a far just a big glob of yellow
PepperDaddy said:
Yes it has been a screen name of mine and I feel I can use it, I also like the fact that I can use it in a story that reflects a wish for something that I hear "it isn't hot enough for me" your wish is my command... I really like extra hot that most don't and that is part of my hottest sauce.

very quick notes-
too intricate flames, simplify and remove from over Gourmet"
Looks like Pepper Dunn

Good idea that can work with work...  :)

PS- I don't care for Obeychase's 2nd font recommendation.  Djinn is a funky enough word on it's own, the font in the 2nd sample would make it look like an elongated "i" and a regular "i"...and then it's curved around the genie.......  Make each letter easily read, not covered up or funky font.  I feel like you're fighting an uphill battle with the name (we had this discussion before regarding pronunciation) Don't give customers any excuse for "not getting it".   Make the name very clear.  

Back