labels Label Making

I have a design I created over the weekend for a label I would like to use on my sauces. I don't sell them (yet) though I would love to once I get enough recipe's and plants under my belt. Anyway I am wondering if any of you have any online sources that are reliable and affordable for making short run labels of like less than 100 maybe? Thanks for the help.

What sie labels do most of you use? I just found a free download label design program from Avery yesterday and have been trying to make a label design, but just didn't know which labels to use.

Oh yeah nice label there Crazy8

For a 5oz bottle I am using 4" X 3" shipping Avery shipping label.
Oh yeah, thanks for the compliment to. ;)

I agree with SL and SD. I don't get "crazy" out of the photo. I do get scared or pain, but not crazy. Crazy to me is more the Three Stooges slapstick "crossed-eyes and tongue sticking out the side of the mouth" type thing, or Jack Nicholson in 'The Shining' when he sticks his head through the door - now that's a "crazy" look.

Funny, I also thought "Sauce" should be "Sauces", for the same reason as SL - kinda a branding thing. An alternative could be "Crazy 8 Creations". More general, and therefore still applicable, regardless of the product you come out with. Who knows, a "dip" might be in your future. As of now, you'll have "Crazy 8 Sauces Dip". You might not want to limit yourself.

Either way, still lookin good to me Crazy. :)

Yeah I can kind of see that. I am going for "mad" kind of crazy, like "I need meds and a strait jacket"...lol not ha ha funny kind of crazy. But perhaps I do need to take a different approach to achieve that.

I also agree with the branding and trying to get that just right. Funny thing about the "Crazy 8 Creations" thing. Way back in the day when I was in a website design/development phase I also used "Crazy 8" But I ended up using "Crazy 8 Designs" but "Crazy 8 Creations" was one of the ideas I had...lol Maybe this is a sign that I should use "Crazy 8 Creations" and after all you do "create" in the kitchen. But just to play devils advocate a little couldn't I also brand every thing as it is, i.e. "Crazy 8 Sauces", "Crazy 8 Dips", "Crazy 8 Salsa" etc.? I mean to be realistic about it this may never be something that would allow me to quit my day job, especially since im in the IT industry, so the chances of this going much further than sauce and salsa at a bigger scale would be slim. :)

One word of warning about the Avery label printing download, if you choose to "save" your labels you printed it will remove the
original artwork from your computer and convert it to a "Avery" format that will open only in the Avery program. If your like me
and need to make changes (as Salsa Lady stated) and use a different program to design your labels always choose "don't save" and simply
reload it when you print the next time. (I use paint.net to design my labels, its free and pretty cool!)

Yeah I don't think ill be using the Avery program. I used Photoshop CS4 and then opened the template in Photoshop and then bring the artwork into the template image and multiply it. Probably didn't even take me 5 minutes to do it. :D

Yeah when I talked to my photographer friend that was the idea I had. It would be me in a strait jacket possibly even sitting in a chair and in the corner of a room and resemble a ward. :) But I am wondering about this whole thing if I should even go down that road or just come up with another tactic....like just the flavor and not have any shape or image behind it.

BTW for the sake of picture taking here is the second one I took. Still not sure if it depicts crazy but like I said maybe ill avoid the whole picture thing all together.I haven't put it on the label yet and likely needs some work but this is all the further I got before deciding maybe to not use an image.

crazy.png

All-caps works well with titles/display text - it's more difficult for people to read at smaller sizes, so I recommend that you change your regular text to mixed-case, and only highlight key phrases with all-caps. Consider changing your heat index into a pool stick. Centering everything is generally considered amateur - you had some better stuff going on with your earlier layouts.

Although I didn't read this full thread, something to keep in mind when taking your design to a print shop that requires PDF's is to make sure you tell them to turn off all scaling - even if you turn it off on your computer, theirs might be set to automatically scale, then suddenly you find your image which you so carefully sized to be smaller than it's supposed to. This can be true even if it fits fully on the page as it's supposed to, depending upon the printer!

I use avery for the template 5264 or 5164 I design using GIMP. I was going to use the avery online design thing until I realized it is poorly designed. Nice all around designs. The faces will be interpreted differently by different people.

Nice label, Crazy8. I'm not convinced having "Sauces", etc as part of the label in the flaming banner. I had a thought, the eight ball logo part is round, what would you think of having "Crazy 8" curve around the top of the eight ball, and "Hot Sauce", "Sauce", curve around the bottom part?

For the label I put on my first co-packed chili sauce, I used Publisher to create the label. I tried MS Word, and that was a nightmare... Publisher was a nightmare as well, but it is all I had, and miraculously, I somehow forced Publisher to behave itself and allow me to get a label created.. A graphic artist friend of mine told me about Gimp the other day, and I will probably give that a try for my next product label.

I buy my label stock at Plant Labels, and for printing, I use a color Konica-Minolta laser printer. I love the flexibility of being able to modify my label at any time, and just print out some new labels. For larger runs, though, I will be using a commercial printer.

WOW!!! I......Ummmm.......Im speechless.....this is to funny though. I do have a story that goes with how I came up with my name...lol. Its not a "cool" story but it makes sense anyway. Well thank you for showing me this, I enjoyed the humor of it very much. It looks like a little baby store.

Back