labels Labeler Machine or Hand Labeling

I'm in the process of creating labels for my sauces (5z Woozy) and was curious about a few things:

1. Are most people hand applying labels or using a label machine?

2. In reading through several threads it seems a lot of people use the 4 x 3 Avery labels (vinyl/weatherproof/paper, etc) and print at home. Does anyone know of an Avery style label that covers more of the 6" circumference of a 5z woozy and can be printed at home?

I guess this would apply more to people that are not working with co-packers.

There are full-sheet labels that can be cut to size. 6-up or 8-up. For me, it's cheaper to take the pdf to Office Depot or Staples and have them laser print it than try to maintain a color laser printer at home.

Oh, and hand label...

Printed on Georgia-Pacific Copy & Print Paper - 92 Bright. Glued with Elmer's Rubber Cement . Size doesn't matter cuz bottles are recycled all different shapes and sizes. If a bottle has a chip or scratch it adds to the "home made" flavor.

@salsalady I think i'm leaning towards using full sheets to start and maybe look into ordering rolls down the road. Do you make the cuts on your own or does your printer do that for you as well. I've never been able to get those big slicers they have to work for me :)

I think i'll also hand label as the label machines seem pretty expensive @ $400

@ chi-town,
I do both hand cutting and also use the paper chopper if I have time to hang out at the store. 6-up and 8- ups on a page are good sizes. MSWord using the chart feature is a good way to get evenly distribued text, if there's not a lot of graphics.

Back