labels Labeling Just for Fun - how many do it?

[sorry if this is in the wrong place, I didn't want to put it in the 'commercial/business' section]

So you spend all day in the kitchen making wonderful sauces, lotions, potions and other concoctions and go to the time and expense of packaging the finished product into fancy woozies and mason jars etc. But I wondered how many of you then go to the trouble of creating a nice label to finish off the job in style?

Now I'm not talking about commercial sauces here, just stuff that you keep for yourself or maybe hand out to a few friends. (if you do sell a few bottles here and there to cover your costs, then that's OK too).

Personally I think it's fun to throw together a label on the printer, rather than stick one of those boring, generic tags on jars and bottles. And if stuff is sitting out on the counter, it looks kinda cool too.

Now it's been demonstrated here already that my tastes in label design are a bit (Lot) off the wall, but if it isn't commercial, we just do it for our own amusement, right?

So post a picture of your labels/jars here if you have any you'd like to share!! - [Or don't!! :) ]

Here are a couple of labels I've put on my woozies before, I still use the Brain Strain sticker. ;)

El-Fuego-3.png

brain-strain-final-label2.jpg

Nice !! How did you do the skull with the transparency??

The original image of the skull is below. I use GIMP for my image editing needs. It has feature called "Color to Alpha" (I'm sure most other imaging programs do the same), which basically will turn any color you choose into transparency. I selected black as the color to make transparent. I then cut the resulting image and placed it on top of the fire background.

crystal_skull_by_virtualkip.jpg

Back