• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

desserts Laissez le bon Ton Roulet

The Corona virus may be able to halt the parades. And it may be able to slow down the parties. But one thing it cannot take away from us. Is our beloved king cake. do any of you outside of Louisiana partake in this tradition?

Attachments

• IMG_20210108_195510870.jpg
    IMG_20210108_195510870.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 128
Pictures above is already our second cake of the season. I meant to start this post when I got the first cake. But, needless to say. They don't last long in this house. Lol. A dear friend of ours got the first baby. In keeping with tradition. He purchased us the next one. If you're not familiar with king cake it is a donut like pastry flavored with cinnamon. This one is stuffed with a mixture of Bavarian cream and strawberry.

Sounds delicious! Never heard of it until now, the tradition is around the new year or? What's it for? (The tradition). I'd be interested in trying it if you can order online somewhere.

tylerdodd25_92 said:
Sounds delicious! Never heard of it until now, the tradition is around the new year or? What's it for? (The tradition). I'd be interested in trying it if you can order online somewhere.
The king cake is a New Orleans Mardi gras tradition. A baby is hidden inside the cake and brought to a party or a ball as we call it. Whoever gets the baby has good luck throughout the rest of the carnival season and year. It is also their responsibility to bring the cake to the next party

Here's a link I found to a bakery in Pennsylvania that makes them.
https://pabakery.com/products/mardi-gras-king-cake

For those interested in the absolute best king cake made anywhere. Here's the link that you can get a full Mardi gras box king cake history of the king cake and Mardi gras beads for $70 that includes shipping overnight UPS.
Berrytownproduce.com

Back