Large scale Fermenters

Hello. I'm looking for advice on purchasing a large scale fermenter for hot sauce making. Looking for something in the from the 5 to 20 gallon range. I've looked at beer fermenters but do not know enough about them yet to know whether or not they would be what I would need to accomplish a large batch fermentation.

I saw a show several years ago....one of those "how it is made" shows...on a company in California making habanero sriracha. They used 5 gallon food grade buckets with a lid and a simple bubbler, like what is used for wine fermenting.

I suppose the same could be scaled up to a 10 gallon bucket or even a 55 gallon barrel with a bubbler.

Good luck with your project. Hope this helps and keep us informed on what you figure out.

:welcome: to THP.
Salsalady

If you intend to go into selling your products, plastic would not be the best option as it can get scratched pretty easily. Those scratches are hard to clean and could hide baterias or other bugs that might contaminate/alter your next ferments. As in homebrewing, personally I'll lean toward 304 or 316 grade SS. Yes, it cost more but it will last forever, it's easy to clean/sanitize and it's approved as "food grade" by local authorities (at least here in Qc).

Speidel is what Guru mentioned I think..

SPEIDEL.png

Back