• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Largest / longest pepper available?

I have been trying to find out what is the largest / longest pepper available? (Not a standard bell pepper / capsicum shape) I know there are a few varieties of bell peppers that are about 7" long and 4" wide, such as the Goliath and Big Bertha.

I know of Big Jim Peppers (green/red colour) that are about 9" - 12" long,.

I have seen some peppers sold in the supermarkets here simply labelled Paprika (fluoro yellow colour) which are about 6" - 8" long by about 1 - 1 1/2" wide.

But I was hoping somewhere someone had grown a long pepper to be about 12" - 14" long and 3" - 4" wide, if only to use in a large vegetable competition. I kind of feel there must still be quite a few monster vegetable growers that have not yet seen the internet and are still growing out on farms. I was hoping that someone may have seen or heard of something whilst travelling around, especially around Europe.

Any ideas?

I was always dissapointed with the BigJim, there are a lot of poor quality seeds of this variety being spread around. I would reccommend getting seeds directly from NMSU
The biggest pepper I've grown was a Whippet's tail(Joe's long, Pinnochio's nose) at just over 36 cm but I know of some that were over 38cm

Whippets Tail was the best (longest but not very tasty) that I've grown. I was dissapointed with the results I got from the Big Jims.

Classic!!! I love that it takes poor Neil a couple of minutes just to eat the damn thing. "My jaw hurts!" HAHA!

Corno di torro rosso. I am growing them this year for the first time. They are huge. It is an heirloom from Italy.

Back