• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Last Dab Reduxx sauce

Hi All.

I just ordered a bottle of Last Dab knowing it is 3300000 Scovilles, and should last me for a while. How is it? Is flavor there or just pure fire? Should I save it for later or eat it up?

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 133
The Hot Pepper said:
Why don't you wait for it to arrive and YOU tell US. :lol:
I was planning to start a light flame :)

Seriously I want to keep it for the right moment. Like a good vintage of Barolo :-p But maybe its not worth it... I wanna try it badly too. Never tried nothing over 1M scovilles.

$20 a bottle, there's no sauce worth that but PLEASE tell us about this special sauce.

From the site:
CAUTION! The Last Dab—the hottest sauce on Hot Ones, known for turning guests and fans alike into stuttering, fire-breathing lunatics—just got even crazier. The Last Dab first took the world by storm as the only sauce made with Smokin' Ed Currie's infamous "Pepper X." This XX-rated edition gets its one-two punch of heat from addition of the equally lethal "Chocolate Pepper X." All you need is a dab to light the inferno and experience the Hot Ones tradition.

Now there's a new twist, we have a Chocolate Pepper X now.

He's a marketing genius!!!!!

When's the double gonorrhea sauce coming out?

Is the sauce really 3.3 million Scoville or is that a typo? If you watch the show it seems like the most reaction comes when they try da bomb sauce and they don't really freak out when they get to the last dab.

Walchit said:
Is the sauce really 3.3 million Scoville or is that a typo? If you watch the show it seems like the most reaction comes when they try da bomb sauce and they don't really freak out when they get to the last dab.
I couldnt fine exact number. Some sites say 2M+. I think 3.3M is the heat level for x-pepper itself.
When it comes Ill compare it with something well known.

Looking at the reviews on their site, I see some people commenting that the sauce isn't that impressively hot. On the other hand, Exhorresco is around half the price of the Last Dab, and I don't recall hearing anyone say that it isn't really that hot. So I am not too sure that the Last Dab is really the hottest non-extract sauce. And I seriously doubt the marketing claims that it is 2M+ SHU.

portveyn said:
Should I save it for later or eat it up?

Hot sauce is food that goes on food. I think you should eat it up.

Da Bomb gets that reaction because the novelty heat of extract sauces are metallic and disgusting.

I had a bottle of the original The Last Dab and it tasted great but not hotter than eating a fresh reaper, which make sense because dilution since it's a sauce....but I seriously doubt any actual pepper is even 3 million. For a pepper to make a sauce and it even out to 3.3M...what would the rating for the pepper need to be? Several people said they were let down by Chocolate Plague and that's made from the Chocolate Bhutlah which most of YouTube says is hotter than the reaper.

If it really is 3.3M then it surely has extract....but the first The Last Dab tasted EXCELLENT and clearly didn't have it so I don't know what to think.

Yeah, like Walchit said Da Bomb seems to hurt people on the show more than the last two sauces do. But I hear a lot of people complain about the taste of Da Bomb. Hot sauce should add good flavor as well as heat to your food. Otherwise, why not just go straight for the 13 M Pure Evil? That stuff is far hotter than any sauce or superhot powder. 

I think the vegetarians who go on the show should eat fresh chiles instead of imitation meat. If you don't eat meat, why would you want to eat something that RESEMBLES meat?

Ruid said:
I think the vegetarians who go on the show should eat fresh chiles instead of imitation meat. If you don't eat meat, why would you want to eat something that RESEMBLES meat?

Um well there's tons of reasons, some are political, some are texture, some are ethical, some are preference, and some are just taste! I'm not so closed minded I won't try fake meat, and got-dammit my Chinese joint makes awesome fake beef. I get the orange beef with fake beef and it caramelizes and tastes way better than actual beef from a Chinese takeout. But do you really need more reasons? I like the fake beef burgers too. Why not try everything out there and eat WHAT YOU LIKE?! Or are you just one of those people that is critical of what other people do?

I could also ask you if you eat products with imitation vanilla, like basically all commercial cookies, and ask you WHY you want to eat something that RESEMBLES Vanilla???? But I won't.

I enjoyed the soybean burgers they served us in school. I'm mostly talking about people who enjoy meat but choose not to eat it because of some moral crusade.

So if they choose not to eat meat for moral reasons, and eat fake meat, that bothers YOU?

Ok man. 

Back