• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Last of the powder

As I was making pizza tonight I made a horrible discovery......Almost out of powder...... :eek: :eek: :eek: 

20130531_184648.jpg

Last of the superhot powder from last year....I pulled my last 4 Bhuts out of the freezer and am drying them out now to make a little more. Guess I ate more than I anticipated this year.  :P

Good thing I have a bunch of Brainstrains that will be ripe soon. Their timing couldn't have been better. I counted 10+ on the plant today, but this is the biggest. 
20130530_192446.jpg

Lesson for this fall--> Don't listen to the wife when she says we have too many peppers in the freezer. 

Anyway, if I don't make it until the Brains are ripe, I still have a decent amount of Joyner's white hab powder to use. It is good, but I like the superhots more. 

dont ever listen to your wife!!     but pretend and just make the powder up,instead of freezing pods. not only will it take up way less room but she will think you are listing to her ;)  ;)            

any future advice will be charged :rofl:

Well, I finally ran completely out of the ghost pepper powder and I don't have any ripe ones yet. The brainstrains and a couple Butch Ts did get ripe just in time though, so off to the dehydrator they go.

Ground them up and brought them to work for lunches.

Now, I generally use about 1/4tsp of ghost powder in a meal that I cook for myself, soooo might as well try 1/4 tsp of the brain-butch T mix too. Lots of sweat on my brow after that meal, that was hot. Very good though. I'll cut it down a bit next time...

I think I'll leave the brains out of the powder in the next batch, the ghosts and butch Ts don't have as distinct of a flavor. The brain changes the whole taste of the meal. It tastes like it would be good in chili though, just didn't work out with a bowl of soup I was spicing up.

When you say 1/4 of a t spoon in a meal, what is that meal? How big. I think it sounds like little, but it might be just me too :/

I have some super hots powder left for your needs. :) As always I will throw in a little something...just let me know and the code THP is 10% off. 

Along the same lines, I just finished my 2012 blend and it was a very sad day for us here, we used it on most everything. 

NorwegianChili said:
When you say 1/4 of a t spoon in a meal, what is that meal? How big. I think it sounds like little, but it might be just me too :/

A little superhot powder goes a long way my friend. :D IIRC it should be about 1/2 of a whole pepper if not a little more.

I was referring to something that you would eat for lunch at the office. Bowl of soup, bag of ramen noodles, turkey sandwich, et.al.
JoynersHotPeppers said:
I have some super hots powder left for your needs. :) As always I will throw in a little something...just let me know and the code THP is 10% off. 

Along the same lines, I just finished my 2012 blend and it was a very sad day for us here, we used it on most everything. 
As always Chris, you will be getting some of my business this year, just not superhot powder. I have enough of these plants growing to supply me with blazing powder for many months if not years to come. The first ones are just getting ripe. I spied another ripe Butch T yesterday. :party: :onfire: :party:

Awesome! I am all for people making their own and growing their own. I think for some it truly shows what going into making a good powder. Takes a ton of fresh peppers to get a small amount of powder as you very well know by now. Best of luck with the season and getting your powders stocked for the winter! 

Back