Last week of high school fun[SOON], with a BIG thanks!!

I would like to give a HUGE shout out to Tom (CycadJungle) for the beautiful box of peppers I purchased. There's a picture showing the contents.
 He had them packed by variety, but I failed at opening it. I still have an idea of which peppers are which. I believe included were:

Butch Ts, Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, Yellow 7 Pot/Pod, Yellow/Red Brain Strain and Yellow/Red Fatalii, but I might be forgetting one.
photo5_zps9aa8ee8d.jpg

I can't wait until Monday. Last week of high school.

But my Therapist and I have been busy this past week, instigating the "important" people to try one.

And with HUGE success. He even somehow convinced the two people that I get along with best and enjoy being around to come try one. One of them is going to come in on her day off and the other during his lunch break of his other job. Maybe it's the milkshake that was promised? I've taken spoonfuls of the Reaper with these people, even eaten whole ghost peppers in chili with them, so here's the final step. 

And then there are the other pepper folks that can't wait either. Plenty of people claim they'll try one. Even my teacher. My other teacher's going to be out that day, but claimed he'll try one Tuesday.

Although, I'll be happy even if they only try half a pod. Yesterday I was all "Nope. You have to eat the whole pod." Then I did just that to prepare... and it's not like I'm new to this. I've eaten habaneros for fun, as well as the aforementioned bhuts. I drown my pizza in Ghost Scorpion powder, but still. Just Wow.

I'll update this Monday evening/night if nobody kills me.

So THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Tom, for supplying the "fun" for my last week of high school (Graduating the 8th).

Here's to hoping these awesome people ever talk to me again,

Michael

:D

Congrats Michael! The world is your oyster.

Spread the heat dude

haha congrats,now you can say you are ending with a boom? ;) :P

congrats, sounds like your gonna have some fun!

Thanks guys! All of this is happening at noon today (pst).

Really, I know most of these people love pushing their spicy limits, but some are just doing it because they like me that much! xD

Thank goodness for doing that sample run - really, I've switched it from whole pods to some of a pod.

I see one of two things happening:

First, everyone will have a blast like me.

Or secondly, some of them will never talk to me again.

Hint, it's probably not the first one!

Oh, and I'm bringing my therapist some ghost pepper peanuts and Trinidad scorpion salsa for all his help.

Can't wait!!!

Like I said, I'll update this as long as nobody kills me between now and when I go home.

Side note: who else really likes 'da bomb ghost pepper nuts'? My friend had to stop after two! Even I can't put a huge dent in the quantity, but I can do better than two. o.o;

Oh man. Best day of school ever.

My therapist decided we'd do eighth pods, so no one would die and he'd keep his job. Then there are the crazies who wanted to eat a whole pod after that.

Even the people that I was so eagerly expecting handled it well. So nice to see them once more before we move to Alabama.

I really don't have too much to add. It's a shame no one took pictures. Oh well.

We had at least 20 people try some. And it was awesome. Need I say more?

Oh man. Best day of school ever.

My therapist decided we'd do eighth pods, so no one would die and he'd keep his job. Then there are the crazies who wanted to eat a whole pod after that.

Even the people that I was so eagerly expecting handled it well. So nice to see them once more before we move to Alabama.

I really don't have too much to add. It's a shame no one took pictures. Oh well.

We had at least 20 people try some. And it was awesome. Need I say more?
I'm glad to see you had such a great time at school yesterday, and that I was able to help you. I have many boxes worth of fresh peppers ready to go on my plants right now and can even fill entire boxes with just one kind of many of the types you got. I haven't announced this yet, but I am putting together a rewards program, if enough people buy a box from me that heard it from you, I will send you a free box of peppers. I'll let you know more about this soon. Tom

I'm glad to see you had such a great time at school yesterday, and that I was able to help you. I have many boxes worth of fresh peppers ready to go on my plants right now and can even fill entire boxes with just one kind of many of the types you got. I haven't announced this yet, but I am putting together a rewards program, if enough people buy a box from me that heard it from you, I will send you a free box of peppers. I'll let you know more about this soon. Tom

Good to know... This whole experience helped me in another way. Through this, I realized growing only super hots would result in many wasted peppers. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but with the amount I cook/eat, there's no way I'd be able to use as many pods as I previously thought. Especially at their heat level. My 2014 grow has become primarily habaneros with a few superhots. Great experience overall. Thanks again!

Good to know... This whole experience helped me in another way. Through this, I realized growing only super hots would result in many wasted peppers. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but with the amount I cook/eat, there's no way I'd be able to use as many pods as I previously thought. Especially at their heat level. My 2014 grow has become primarily habaneros with a few superhots. Great experience overall. Thanks again!
If your growing them just for you to use, then 1 plant of each kind you want should be enough, as long as they are producing well. I started out just growing 3 bhut plants a few years back and I found I had too many fresh peppers to use. This is where you find out more about making your peppers into a powder. The powder doesn't burn out your insides like the fresh ones do and it lasts several months when stored properly. Tom

Back