• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Late to the party this year!

Hiya guys, 

I have been around here for some years, but haven't put much effort into chilli for a while.   A lot of my (UK) chilli communities from years' gone by seem to have dwindled away, maybe they are in here? 
The guys I've known from fora like this tend to have their finger on the pulse, so I wonder if I could get the low down?  The one stop shop on what products are worth it etc?
Anyhoo.  I'm about to start planting. I feel I've left it a bit late, its nearly April and i'm in the UK.

I'm thinking i'll get a cheapish heatmat/heated propagator and pop it on the windowsill full of jiffy pellets, sound about right?
I know this is a good time to plant, so i'll just get on with it, but is it too late to get the benefit from a grow light?
I have a grow box from years' ago, but would need to invest in a light, can anyone recommend something?  I see LED ones on Amazon at a good price, but are they any good? 

Hopefully this thread can be the whistle stop tour of what you need to get going?

Thanks in advance guys!!!

Back