• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Leaf curl/puckered leaves: calcium def. or bugs?

Hi everyone, been using this forum for a while for growing info and its been very helpful so I thank you all.

My issue now is leaf curl/puckered leaves on my Carolina Reaper plants. I've had leaf curling issues before and added dolomite lime to the soil 2 times in the last 2 months.

As you can see in the pics, the main CR I have an issue with is in a large pot with another CR that seems to not have the leaf curl issue. I also have a few habanero plants that are showing faint signs of some leaf curl up the top.

My question is this calcium deficiency or something like aphids? Ive found a handful of aphids occasionally and treat with soap spray. So I'm not sure if I should do more dolomite lime as I may be overdosing?

Attachments

• IMG_8763.JPG
    IMG_8763.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 114
Greetings,

My Jolokia bushes had the very same leaf curl as you have in the pic, normally with the new growth,
I sprayed them with Mancozeb twice a week in the evening and in no time every thing was back to normal.
All my plants are in hydro set up out side so I knew the nuitrient was good.

Back