• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaf Discoloring - What's the issue?

So repotted my chineses to the "5-1-1" mix (5 parts pine bark fines, 1 part peat, 1 part compost) about 3 weeks ago. I have only watered when they begin to wilt. I did foliar feed with fish emulsion a week ago, and the soil has a little Marine Cuisine time release. All the plants are curently in a rack in my house (60 - 70 degrees) under T5 HO lights, 2" from the leaves. Some of the scotch bonnet leaves have begun to discolor. I know the initial thought is 'overwatered,' but i barely water them. The second, lack of nutes, I suppose could be the culprit, but I just foliar fed and had mixed in some of the Marine Cuisine into the soil. I pH balance the water I use to wather them with (to pH=6), and add a bit of seaweed extract to the water. I cannot think of anything else that could be the issue. Any ideas?

iRRykb5.jpg

rcRCGaA.jpg

Chlorosis between the veins. Could be Magnesium or Iron deficiency. Mg is easy to correct with epsom salt foliar spray. I am still trying to figure out a good organic fix for Iron. Some of my plants are having a similar issue right now and I am running a little experiment to figure out what the issue really is.

I'll give them a dose of both epsom and some fish fert (some with one, some with another, maybe some with both) and see what happens. Thanks guys!

I just read that the seaweed extract contains iron. So maybe another dose of that.

you said you balanced the ph of the water but my thought is the ph of your grow medium, those three can be acidic if not previously adjusted. plants might be in nute lockout due to ph issue. might try continuing with foliar feedings and see if that helps them recover.

heres an organic way to get iron soluble. not sure how well it works, but it looks good.
best of luck,
Ben

Thanks for the video, Ben. Since spraying with a combo kelp extract & epsom yesterday morning, the chlorosis has started to dissappear already!

Back