• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaf issue (brown patches)

Well this is a new one on me. I was checking out one of my potted plants and noticed this odd looking brown spot on the midrib of the leaf. Has anyone had any experience with this condition. If so, any helpful advice for treatment / prevention would be deeply appreciated.

001.jpg

Sort of looks like leaf spot disease, found this site which may help.

Whatever it is I hope you get it under control. Good Luck!

Looking at the big leaf in the foreground, it looks like discoloration is following along leaf veins.

Feeding this guy anything Dan?...and if so, what?

Sorry Dan, I didn't realize your plant was outside. Not to say you can't get leaf spot inside as well (generally from the seed).

Still looks like an uptake thing to me. Dunno. :confused:

@DownRiver - Could be some nutrient deficiency. Gave em some bonemeal, crushed Tums and epsom salt this morning.

@Oz - Yep, there are several bacterial diseases are spread through rain splash. Thanks for sending the links. I may try treating with baking powder

Looks like some chemical burning, did anyone in the area spray any pesticides or chemicals that could have oversprayed onto the plants?

Try a sulhpur or copper spray. I use stuff made from bonide (fruit nut and orchard spray). It works wonders. I had the fungus a few years back on ALL my plants in the greenhouse. The suplhur raises the ph on the surface of the plants' leaves and stems creating an environment where fungus and bacteria CAN'T grow. It worked wonders for me. They will drop nearly all of the affected leaves but make a full recovery. Good LUCK! :)

edit: here's a pic of some stuff that year
3494308276_e2f1dfd95a.jpg

dan, is the fish emulsion your own brand or a store bought? if it is store bought what is the brand?

the reason i ask, is i get brown rust spots on my plants all the time, in both soil and dwc, and i too would like to narrow down exactly what nutrient i am over feeding. i haven't used fish emulsion yet this year, but have used both kelp, alfalfa and bunnypoo tea on my soil plants, and have slipped a glass of alfalfa tea into the dwc. i still get it on leaves, my scotch bonnet appear to have been effected the worse. next are 7's, no problem with bhuts or scorpians.

Looks like some chemical burning, did anyone in the area spray any pesticides or chemicals that could have oversprayed onto the plants?

I sprayed some herbicide a while ago to kill some grass around the fence. That was a while ago and I washed out my sprayer really well. Kind of doubt it is that since I treated all my plants with the same mix. Only a few are showing symptoms like this. I have a fan going in the 'grow room' at the moment just to be sure.

Back