• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaf Issues..

Here are some pictures I just took of how the new growth is coming in. They feel stiff and dry and show no signs of any types of pest or bacterial or fungus. Any ideas what the issue is now ? Always something with these plants this year. Thanks!

-J

leafa4.jpg

leafa3.jpg

leafa2.jpg

leafa1.jpg

I went through this at the end of the season last year so didn't really do much about it. I was pretty sure it was some type of broad mites though. Mites are almost impossible to see with the naked eye. If you have access to a microscope grab a couple of leaves and see if you can find anything. Hope you find what it is and get past it. Thrips could be another suspect.

If it was over fertilizing the tips of the other leaves would show signs too.

I went through this at the end of the season last year so didn't really do much about it. I was pretty sure it was some type of broad mites though. Mites are almost impossible to see with the naked eye. If you have access to a microscope grab a couple of leaves and see if you can find anything. Hope you find what it is and get past it. Thrips could be another suspect.

If it was over fertilizing the tips of the other leaves would show signs too.

^I agree with this

Hrm, after looking at different pictures of broad mite damage it looks very very similar. I'll go out tonight and give them a spray of Ortho Max hopefully that will put an end to their damage. Any other suggestions as how to best control these things?

-J

Hrm, after looking at different pictures of broad mite damage it looks very very similar. I'll go out tonight and give them a spray of Ortho Max hopefully that will put an end to their damage. Any other suggestions as how to best control these things?

-J

Cultural control: Broad mites are very sensitive to heat. Lowering infested plants into water held at 43 to 49�C for 15 minutes will destroy broad mites without damaging the plants.

source

Back