• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Leaf Spots

Anyone know what this is on my Bahamian Goat plant? The leaves are getting pretty spotty...

KgSYlB7.jpg

Looks like its some pest? have you seen something on the leaves and is this just one plant or more of you plants

Did it start as a few spots then spread, or did they all start at about the same time? If spread, I am thinking fungal spot, which can be treated with a good fungicide. If pretty much all at once, did it rain or did you water then have strong sun? If so, I am thinking sunscald. 

Hmmmmm.........I'm not 100% sure but that sure does remind me of when I had a flea beetle infestation a couple years ago. Look for these little bastids...

FleaBeetle-726341.jpg

RedtailForester said:
Hmmmmm.........I'm not 100% sure but that sure does remind me of when I had a flea beetle infestation a couple years ago. Look for these little bastids...

FleaBeetle-726341.jpg
Yes, Exactly. notorious for attacking eggplant. all that mulch provides them excellent cover

Shot-hole feeders typically are not fatal to the plant but they are a nuisance. If you discover that is the issue, dust the little s.o.b.'s with some Diatomaceous Earth. The powder works it's way under their carapace and kills them by dehydrating them. 

I noticed it on a couple of leaves on some other plants and then just saw this yesterday on the Bahamian Goat. The brown spots are not necessarily holes in the leaves, just brown spots.

If I apply Diatomaceous Earth, would I spread that under the mulch or do I apply directly to leaves?

Thanks!

Back