• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaf spotting

I thought I was past this, but it seems to have reared its ugly head again. My Fatalii is rapidly defoliating, so far the fruits seem unaffected, but the leaves become dotted with brown spots with yellow halos before the entire leaf turns yellow and falls off. There are a few fruits on it currently, so it won't be a total loss, but at this rate it will set the plant back enough that I might not get many more before the end of the season.

At its most severe stages:

IMGP1447.jpg

Shot of the now somewhat naked plant:

IMGP1442.jpg

Looks different than what I had before, so I figured I'd consult the forums before I go treating it. Any suggestions? I think I still have some Copper and Sulfur left over, if dusting with those might help.

use the copper, but that isn't bad really. Looks to be like you need to re-pot and aerate your soil a bit. I have plants that have seen complete leaf drop due to this blight/leaf spot fungus, and have made drastic recoveries. From what I have seen from the pics, your soil is the biggest thing holding them Fatalii back, not the leaf spot! :)

use the copper, but that isn't bad really. Looks to be like you need to re-pot and aerate your soil a bit. I have plants that have seen complete leaf drop due to this blight/leaf spot fungus, and have made drastic recoveries. From what I have seen from the pics, your soil is the biggest thing holding them Fatalii back, not the leaf spot! :)

That's probably true... I haven't exactly been consistent with my soil this year. Most of my plants completed defoliated earlier in the season from similar fungal issues, but they came back strong. I don't exactly have a larger pot for it, but I could try to find space in the ground...

Yes, Copper did wonders for my bacterial leaf spot recently. Though i did back it up with a few sprays of Serenade.

I also think your soil in that bucket is holding your plant back. Just go as gentle as you can on the roots when you transplant, and allow lots of shade time during it's recovery. You'll probably want to transplant in the early evening come to think of it, and block the sun somehow for another day or so.

Some aspirin would really help after transplant as well, melt one whole aspirin in a gallon of water and use that as your transplant water.

If everything goes well then you just might get that last crop before the season ends.

Good luck either way.

Back