leaf tip scorch

Long story short, my ghost pepper plant I started from a seed got bit in half by a squirrel two weeks ago, evil tree rats.

Anyway, 11 days ago I bit the bullet and bought a replacement ghost pepper plant from that gal Bonnie.  Fast forward to today, I'm seeing multiple leaf tips that are burning.  Any suggestions?

I peeled off the entire pot it was in before planting.
I have not fertilized it at all but the bed has organic compost in it (black kow, mushroom, etc.) all the soil in the pot was placed in the hole with the plant.
We haven't received any rain since I put it in, so the only water it's gotten is from my rain barrel twice a week.  You can see it isn't wilted at all so I think it has enough water.
It's getting 6ish hours of direct sun a day, including midday sun.

Any thoughts?  I'm thinking maybe it's the sun.  I'm in Alabama and it's been hot for May (upper 80s, low 90s) and maybe it's getting a lot more sun now than it was at the big box I took her from.  It started off with just one leaf a few days ago and now has progressed to several. 

http://imgur.com/p1y8FTU

It was outside but on a rack.  I assume they had to pull it out and give it sun at some point, but I doubt it's nearly as much as it's getting now.

If it's just an acclimation problem I guess it'll resolve itself and I can continue to care for it as normal, right?

Back