• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaky 57 gallon tub

I have a 57 gallon rubbermaid tub with 14 3" holes cut out of the top for 3" net pots. But the top isn't sealing correctly, I think it's the volume of water bowing out the sides of this container causing the root issue of it not making a great seal with the lid. I have rubber weatherstripping underneath lid to help with the leaking, but everytime I fix one leak, another will take its place.

A) What else can I do to help with the leaking? ( I will not silicon seal it to the tub due to access issues)
B) I saw some square tubs that look a lot sturdier that some people have used, where can I get these?

Also, any other input would be greatly appreciated.

yes. sorry. this is an aeroponics set up, however, I just rigged up a drip system with some left over 1/2" tubing and 1/4" air line. No matter how I seal up the rubbermaid container; it keeps leaking. I fix one leak then another shows up. It's been driving me insane.

So I guess my only question is where do I acquire a sturdy, waterproof tub with a lid that will accommodate 14 3" net cups?

I buy from Family Dollar. They sell Sterilite containers. Not positive you can get 14 3" holes but I got a bunch of 2" holes in one.

Mike

i went ahead and changed over to a 27 gallon tote and now its perfect. using a 396 ecoplus pump with a spray manifold with 21 outputs, changing over to a 633 gph pump tonight. 17 sites drilled in the lid on each of the diamonds, working like a charm.

Back