• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaves being devoured

Hey all,

I've been growing pepperoncini and mexibell peppers. Recently, the leaves look like they're being eaten, mostly at the top of the plant. The problem is I don't know what's eating them because when I look at the plants there are no insects on them. There are rabbits in the yard, but I don't think they can reach the top of the plants (about 1.5-2 feet tall) and I think they'd be eating whole leaves instead of nibbling.

Anybody have any ideas what's eating them? After researching I have some guesses but I'd be interested in seeing what other people thought. Pictures attached below:

fXqLn.jpg

GLnYi.jpg

that's either leafhoppers , grasshoppers or most likely slugs. a little dypel spray or neem oil should give em a dirtnap!plus alot of that munching wil usually cause more sidegrowth.

exactly what's happening to my jalapeno and a couple of pepper plants. I never see anything on them, however I did see a grass hopper on my jalapeno plant over the weekend so i murdered his ass. I also sprayed the plants with some insecticide soap. Hope that works.

It might be cucumber beetles. I'm infested with those right now. They're eating the whole garden, not just my stuff. I also noticed in your pics, that whatever it is starts eating it's way in from the edge of the leaf. Moth larva and caterpillars will eat like that.

Here's my AXIS OF EVIL that's devouring my plants right now.
The Stink Bug
stink-bug.jpg

The Cucumber Beetle. I used to think they were just green ladybugs when I was a kid!
YHWHZR8HLR9HVZPHRRMLFHNHTHSLAZWHUZX.jpg

The Leaf Roller Moth Larva.
beetarmywormjuv.jpg

The Aphid
aphidoidea_puceron_luc_viatour.jpg

Back