• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaves curling... Broad mites? Scales?

Having a hard time identifying what is happening to these new leaves on the top of my Jalapeno plant. About a week or so ago they began to curl horribly, their edges turned brown, and some of them have started splitting open. I did notice a bunch of tiny bugs on the leaves a while back and have been spraying the leaves with an insecticidal soap. They're extremely small, virtually impossible to take a picture of even. Does anybody know what could be causing this and how to address it?

leaf-curl1.jpg

leaf-curl2.jpg

What color were the bugs? Most likely aphids! Try giving your plant some worm juice. They say worm juice has properties which will naturally repel insects and disease. Also some calmag might help with the leaf curl. After applying both for awhile, if the leaves still look bad cut the bad ones off. So the plant can devote its energy into the new growth! Good luck!

I had thought they were aphids too for a bit... white dwarf aphids maybe? The smaller ones look white, and the larger ones are like a pinkish brown. I tried to take some pictures of them with my wife's fancy camera:

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Thanks for the tips! Never heard of using worm juice, I will look that up. Been hearing a lot about Cal-Mag though, and it's beginning to sound like a requirement...

Back