• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

leaves going brown underneath

looking under leaves going dotty/patchy brown - dunno what it is

seems to be spread from plant to plant

all my plants have it now and eventually leaves fall off.
ive been cutting the ones with it off trying to eradicate what ever it is
ill put up pics soon as soon as i can get a decent shot of what im talking about

if anyone has a idea of whats it please let me now

IMAG0030.jpg

If it's spreading from plant to plant it sounds like a disease or bacterial leaf infection. Do the top of the leaves have dark brown spots on them? First step is to isolate the plants. Copper and zinc might help, see how they do after isolating them and clip the bad leaves. Just in case you're not aware sometimes leaves will drop to help the plant with the new growth. Good luck and sorry I'm no expert Also what is your soil ph? It should be around 6 - 6.5

I'm probably no help but that leaf looks just like mine when I sprayed them with my homemade insecticide. Used a type of soap that damaged the leaves, using different one now mixed with neem oil.

You haven't been spraying them with anything?

Dunno, but that's what happened to all of my plants. It's either disease or one of the anti aphid treatments I sprayed as my plants were always covered in aphids.
Only affected the underside of the leaf whatever it was. It mainly affected the chinenses too, but that's what the aphids went after the most as well
My plants lost nearly all of their leaves, but survived event hough they became stunted. Still got a few pods of each one though. The plants are still all alive but not growing new leaves very fast and some stems died off.
I don't know if they will recover properly as it's too cold now here for them to do much growing.

It probably is fungus. My fig tree loses all it's leaves to rust and the grape vine as well so plenty of it around in my garden.

lancecook, have you got any other type of plants in your garden that suffers from rust, browning or leaf drop?

edit: I know that types of rust aren't supposed to cross plant species, ie the fig rust I have is supposed to be specific to fig trees, and the vine rust specific to that, but I've got no other ideas.

You normally treat rust with neem or sulfur.

Back