• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Leaves having some brown spots near the edges.

I've recently started growing inside, in my room actually.
Been fine until now, I have no idea if it is dangerous or not but it's been happening for a bit. It's starting with my older leaves and it does the same thing when the other leaves get older.
My plant is a Carolina Reaper, and It sprouted on december 26 2015, so it's a month old now.
I've recently tried to fertilize it with a miniscule amount in some water last week (NPK 10-15-10), I have no idea if it is what caused the problem, though it was yellow at some places before, it has never gotten brown like this.
I water every 5 days.
Here is the plant in question, it is not really big; it still fits in a party cup and I can see the roots ( though I dont think it needs a transplant yet, but I might be wrong )
http://imgur.com/a/8Oe6e
in the first picture it is one of the oldest leaves, and it goes to the newest ( with the current problem )

I have tried searching everywhere for this but havnt found anything !

Does your plant get artificial light or natural light? I have an Aji Amarillo plant that i had to move away from the rest of my crop because the light cycle i had for it wasnt working. (Older leaves would go "Limp" and get brown spots) I moved the plant and adjusted the light so it didnt get quite as much and prunned the bad leaves back. It made a complete 180 and is doing great now. But if its not that you should look into bacterial infections for pepper plants. They tend to look like dried water spots on leaves that can turn purple/brown.

does your fert. have mag. and the rest of the vital  minerals it needs ?    

moruga welder said:
by the way ,   :welcome: to T.H.P.   !       :onfire:

rkempston said:
Does your plant get artificial light or natural light? I have an Aji Amarillo plant that i had to move away from the rest of my crop because the light cycle i had for it wasnt working. (Older leaves would go "Limp" and get brown spots) I moved the plant and adjusted the light so it didnt get quite as much and prunned the bad leaves back. It made a complete 180 and is doing great now. But if its not that you should look into bacterial infections for pepper plants. They tend to look like dried water spots on leaves that can turn purple/brown.
yeah they're getting artifical light, I do a 16 hours light cycle ( 10pm to 6 pm )
if they have bacterial infection, what should I do? trim the infected leaves off?

moruga welder said:

by the way ,    :welcome: to T.H.P.   !        :onfire:

No, I dont really think so. Well Actually I dont know. I used schultz 10-15-10 Ill check on the box to see what kind of salt it gives, And thank you for the welcome !

If its a bacterial infection theres really not much you can do other than removing it from other crop. If its your only plant then i would just go on with the idea that it doesnt have an infection as it cant hurt anything else. First thing i would try is to re-pot the plant. Theres a few articles under "growing hot peppers" that can describe how to do this in detail. Basically clean the roots extremely well, remove bad leaves, and honestly i would repot in a different medium than used previously.

Back