• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Leaves showing nutrient problem?

Hi form :halo:

I was wondering if my plant leaves are showing sings of something being wrong. I have noticed them being a bit wrinkly.

I'm running the lucas formula 21ml Micro and 42ml Bloom in 7.9 gallons of water. EC of 0.750 and pH 5.8.

With lucas formula I'm suppose to mix it stronger but I diluted the nutrients a bit more thinking it might be nutrient burn.

Could the same leaf wrinkle happen if there are too little nutrients?

The nutrient water has been changed 4 days ago.

Pictures of the plants affected(LED light might confuse the colors of the plants):
img1886lr.jpg

img1884qr.jpg

img1880he.jpg

Try adjusting your pH a bit, 5,8 is quite low and may make it difficult for the plant to absorb Calcium. EC of 0,75 is OK, I go up to 0,9 sometimes, but prefer a pH of 6,0-6,2 .

Did you try to measure a pH and EC of the solution you use after a few days ? Does it change in either of the measures ?

The pic is a Chinense - they tend to wrinkle anyway, other than the second picture I think they're ok.

Try adjusting your pH a bit, 5,8 is quite low and may make it difficult for the plant to absorb Calcium. EC of 0,75 is OK, I go up to 0,9 sometimes, but prefer a pH of 6,0-6,2 .

Did you try to measure a pH and EC of the solution you use after a few days ? Does it change in either of the measures ?

The pic is a Chinense - they tend to wrinkle anyway, other than the second picture I think they're ok.

Thanks for your reply!

I've just seen other people recommend pH from 5.5 to 6.5 so I figured 5.8-5.9 would be the perfect mid point.

I sure could try to increase the pH level a bit and see if that helps :)

I measure the pH and EC almost every day, it's very stable with no fluctuations.

Back