• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Leaves slightly yellow with brown spots w/ pics

Need some help with identifying my problem with my plants. Most of my pepper plants came from Bonnie Plants, they were all transplanted in a new raised bed. The soil I'm using I got from a local store and it wasn't the bagged type. They said it was a soil mix consisting of topsoil, compost, and pine fines. I've had them in the ground for about 4 weeks now. As far as feeding history goes, I didn't initially put down any slow release fert. Two weeks after transplanting I used Miracle Gro water soluble fert. I decided two weeks after that(now) to put down some Miracle Gro slow release. I've sprayed once with a insecticidal soap. Yesterday I sprayed all my plants with a Bonide copper fungicide. Hopefully somebody can chime in and let me know whats going on with my plants. Here are the pictures:
20190521_094820.jpg

20190521_094827.jpg

20190521_094835.jpg

20190521_094845.jpg

20190521_094851.jpg

20190521_094901.jpg

20190521_094909.jpg

My take is it's most likely a light "shock" response to transplanting and change in conditions.  In any event, I don't see anything of acute concern. 

Given that it's been 4 weeks since and you have cupping/canoeing in some of the new (albeit upper) growth, I'd dig a little deeper and question whether your soil mix is as good as it should be.  I suggest looking closely at the new growth, like the lower lateral growth in the middle pictures.  Is it a deeper green than the older growth?  Generally how healthy does it look compared to the older growth and also the most elements-exposed upper growth?  Less curling, distortion, etc.?   That's a way to get a better feel for whether the plant is recovering from temporary stress or has a more persistent negative condition that needs attention.  After 4 weeks the new growth should look quite noticeably better.

p3nt4g0n said:
Most of my pepper plants came from Bonnie Plants, they were all transplanted in a new raised bed.

The soil I'm using I got from a local store and it wasn't the bagged type. They said it was a soil mix consisting of topsoil, compost, and pine fines. I've had them in the ground for about 4 weeks now.

So here's where I'm having a bit of difficulty.

Statement 1 says your plants are in raised beds.  However, the pictures seem to show your plants in containers.  I'm confused.

Statement 2 indicates your substrate.  Since I'm confused by statement 1, this is tricky, because this mix would be great for a true raised bed (with an open earth bottom), but it would be far less than ideal for a container. (a container would include a raised bed with a liner that didn't drain to soil)

Help out with my difficulty?

Im sorry, four of my pepper plants are in containers, and the other twelve are in the raised bed. Both use the same soil. Im worried this is bacterial leaf spot. But Im very new to this. My raised bed does have hardware cloth and landscape fabric on the bottom.

Back