Leaves turning Black

After fighting all the different bugs :crazy: , now I have holes and black leaves. I having been spraying Neem oil and BT, what now. Could it be from all the rain here in N Florida???
[/URL]">http://
Could this critter be causing problems

The second pic down looks like mite damage. The top pic.... not sure. I've had broad mites eat what appears to be holes in the middle of leaves, though what actually happens is they eat the cell contents, leaving the skeletal leaf remains rather than an empty hole. Is that what these holes are like, or are they truly empty holes? Still looking at the top pic, I see lower-left of leaf seems to be darker but without a hole at this point. Is that what things looked like, then they became holes? If so it's likely bacterial. Otherwise I'm thinking bug-related. The ant in the third pic is only a problem if it's bringing aphids, which not all ants do. Regardless, my preferred method is to eliminate them. You might consider putting a ring of diatomaceous earth around the pots, as ants won't crawl across it. 

The soil looks really wet - did you just water? Keep in mind pepper plants prefer semi-dry conditions - moist but not wet. If you don't have a fan running on them, get one on there now. This will also help prevent the damping off fungus. 

What would be a treatment if bacteria or for Mites??

geeme said:
The second pic down looks like mite damage. The top pic.... not sure. I've had broad mites eat what appears to be holes in the middle of leaves, though what actually happens is they eat the cell contents, leaving the skeletal leaf remains rather than an empty hole. Is that what these holes are like, or are they truly empty holes? Still looking at the top pic, I see lower-left of leaf seems to be darker but without a hole at this point. Is that what things looked like, then they became holes? If so it's likely bacterial. Otherwise I'm thinking bug-related. The ant in the third pic is only a problem if it's bringing aphids, which not all ants do. Regardless, my preferred method is to eliminate them. You might consider putting a ring of diatomaceous earth around the pots, as ants won't crawl across it. 

The soil looks really wet - did you just water? Keep in mind pepper plants prefer semi-dry conditions - moist but not wet. If you don't have a fan running on them, get one on there now. This will also help prevent the damping off fungus. 

Just repotted so they got a good watering then it rained :rolleyes:

What would be a treatment if bacteria or for Mites?
Anyone...

Also all my plants are outside,they still need a fan??

Bacteria: keep the environment dry. Disinfect with dilute hydrogen peroxide spray.

Mites are harder
  • Avid (abamectin) proven effective, very expensive
  • Lime sulfur - almost as effective as Avid, much cheaper, but...banned in some places, others may require a license or proof you are a large scale farmer. Requires careful handling, can cause serious injury if you are stupid.
  • Canola oil - moderately effective but only controls for 5-7 days. Plain old grocery store canola: dilute 16:1 and apply as a spray in evening, avoid application in very humid conditions or when rain is expected. May cause plant damage if the weather is 90+ or if it is too humid for the oil to evaporate. Special formulations intended as "summer oil" insecticides may be safer in the heat, check product labels!

Back