• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

water Leaves yellow, overwatering or malnutrition?

It's exactly what it sounds like. All of my plants have light green to yellow leaves, and I wonder how I should treat it. They get watered about once every week to a week and a half, and are in 30 gal pots. The one plant that is dark green had a sardine dropped in the pot a while ago, so should I spray them with cal mag or something. Or just drop a fish or something in there?

More info is needed. 
What is in the potting mix?
How long have the plants been in the 30 gal pots?
What do you feed them?
When did you feed them last?
How big are the plants?
Photos?

I should have asked how much, and what type light they're receiving.

Not being familiar with maxigrow/maxibloom, and not having a photo, take this with a grain of salt. Dr. Earth All Purpose 3-3-3 Fert has saved my butt a few times, both the liquid, and the dry. Adding diluted cal-mag to it wouldn't hurt.

Having said all that, considering the plant and pot size, and my current approach to feeding my larger plants, I would lay down a side dressing of rabbit manure in each pot, and gently work it in the top1-2" of soil. I would then water with cal-mag, and watch the magic happen.

I'm relatively new at this, so I would advise that when taking anyone's advice whom you do not know, check out their Glog, and see how their own plants look.

A fish emulsion 5-0-0 would probably cure it. It will take a couple few weeks though. I'd lower potassium adding for a little while just in case it's a magnesium problem. (Higher potassium ratios can increase the likelihood of magnesium deficiency because the K will inhibit uptake of the Mg.)

Back