LED Shop light from Costco

Believe me I have been trying to figure out lighting by reading these forums but its to damn complicated for me. Found this shop light at Costco and compared it to T5 and T8 light bulbs and believe it is a good buy for seedlings to 5inch plants or so. However, want to get a knowledgeable opinion before I pull the trigger.

Lumens seem decent and over all light. 

This pack has two but the one in the store is 1 shop light, 2 light bulbs for $29.99.. 

http://www.costco.com/4%E2%80%99-LED-Shop-Light-with-Pull-Chain%2c-2-pack.product.100223617.html

Does this one work?

http://www.costco.com/4%E2%80%99-LED-Shop-Light-with-Pull-Chain%2c-2-pack.product.100223617.html

This one is an LED shop light. Figured it would cover 4 feet so better than just a bulb. Although the strip LED system some of you have built is pretty cool.

Dont think it did. Here are specs.

This 4ft. LED Shop Light with chain requires no lamps to replace and lasts up to 50,000 hours. Perfect for hanging or flush mount installation. Ideal for use in garages, basements, game rooms, or utility rooms. Easy plug-in fixture, no humming, ultra light weight design, saves up to $275 in annual energy costs. 

Features: 
  • Actual Wattage: 38
  • Life Hours: 50,000
  • Lumens per Watt: 97
  • Brightness (Lumens): 3700
  • Color Temp: 4100K
  • Packaging: includes 2 Shop Lights with chain individually packed
  • Finish: White
  • Lens: Frosted
  • Bulb Type:  LED
  • Usage: General Purpose & Task Lighting
  • Common Applications: Garages, Basements, Game Rooms, Utility Rooms
  • Energy Star: Yes
  • RoHS: No
  • Dimensions: 47.26” L x 4.9” W x 1.65” H
  • Life Years: 45.7
  • Volts: 120
  • Estimated Yearly Energy Cost: $4.58

santis00 said:

You think so, even for 1 for $29.99 with 2 bulbs?
i'd be curios for someone to buy and open and see what actual leds they are using.

found one:
@22:00 minutes in video he looks at strip... it looks like 1m 60 x 5630 smd led.

which are 8$ for 5m... with driver is 8$... so 16$ for that whole set... so you're paying 50$ for the fixture and name brand / service / warranty

Not bad, for $29.99 saves me some time. But I did some a 4:1 LED strip for 20 or so on Amazon. Maybe get that and a driver and  build my own set. Who doesn't like DYI

if you serach for ebay for CREE CXA2530 COB 120W LED GROW LIGHT DIY KIT you will see a guy selling a pretty good looking kit
160L per watt aint bad-and its also 35w vs this 38 watt 97 L/w

happy new years!!!! :dance:

Back