Leftover heat on appliances

Apologies if this is not the right forum for this.

I use a standard Cuisinart food processor when cutting hot peppers for my hot sauce (plastic w/ stainless steel blade). Today I used it to make a banana ice cream like thing and it definately had a little heat to it. I assume it is left over from making hot sauce. I think I clean it pretty well after using with soap and water but obvioulsy not well enough. Has this happened to anyone else and if is there a way to better clean my processor?

While the heat did not bother me (in fact it I added some hab pepper to it), I am sure my wife and young kids would not appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

i have the same issue

the whole kitchen is as we say "CAPPED" that's my wife and my personal saying for when you have been burned with capsacin (i need to learn how to spell that lol) :lol:

thanks your friend Joe

Yup, same here. I am really careful about the plates that I use to cut my peppers on so that the kids dinner does not end up served on one. My wife has been "CAPPED", as ajijoe calls it, a number of times while taking her contacts out after touching some leftover on a dish or counter.

I guess thats just how things have to be in a pepperhead home.

in our house, we have daddy's food processor and mommy's food processor. daddy is not allowed to use mommy's processor or cutting board! and daddy is not allow to touch mommy...........

Plastic absorbs the capsaicin into its micropores. This does not happen with metal and glass, only plastic.

To remove whirl Dawn dish detergent, white vinegar, and warm water in the food processor. Then fill with 1 cup white vinegar and warm water to the top, and let sit overnight.

You might be surprised - your wife and young kids just might appreciate it! Little pepperheads are just so adorable!

Plastic absorbs the capsaicin into its micropores. This does not happen with metal and glass, only plastic.

To remove whirl Dawn dish detergent, white vinegar, and warm water in the food processor. Then fill with 1 cup white vinegar and warm water to the top, and let sit overnight.
Maybe I'll try and gargle with this concoction net time I over due it with a hot pepper. :beer: Probably not though! :crazy:

like others, probably the best thing is to have dedicated appliances for hot stuff

This happened to a teflon-coated skillet that my roommate used. And of course it's gotten into the wooden spoons and spatulas.

I bet that teflon coated skillet was well used, it would have had micro abrasions on it i am guessing. Also have machined teflon that was porous, jus sayin. :)

I have an ancient blender I had to dedicate to hot sauces. It has some sort of vinyl (or other soft, flexible plastic) lid that used to be white.

Back