• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

baccatum Lemon Reaper (aji lemon drop x carolina reaper)

Hi there, was just wondering if anyone has tried growing the new Lemon Reaper (aji lemon drop x carolina reaper)? From the looks and sounds of it, this an amazing pepper, combining both lemon drop fruitiness with near super-hot heat levels.

Have any of you tried growing it out? Have you tasted it? If you've grown it, how does it grow? Is it possibly early to ripen that a reaper?

Here's Johnny's review of a pod... really nice looking pods on this one...

Yeah, I did 2 years ago. Wasn't impress with it's productivity (and we had a killer season back then) and I didn't like the taste much either to be honest... For what its worth I bought F3 seeds directly from the creator (Carlo Martini from Semi Strani).
1647381386558.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I did 2 years ago. Wasn't impress with it's productivity (and we had a killer season back then) and I didn't like the taste much either to be honest... For what its worth I bought F3 seeds directly from the creator (Carlo Martini from Semi Strani).
That doesn't sound all to surprising, considering how unstable it is at F4. If I'm not mistaken, I think this year is F4, so next year will be F5. Perhaps the F5 generation will show some interesting variations that can be selected from.

I'm still hopeful that these kinds of crosses could be the source of super-hots adapted to the west coast. I'm hoping to try some crosses like this, myself, this year.

Reactions: Bou
That doesn't sound all to surprising, considering how unstable it is at F4. If I'm not mistaken, I think this year is F4, so next year will be F5. Perhaps the F5 generation will show some interesting variations that can be selected from.

I'm still hopeful that these kinds of crosses could be the source of super-hots adapted to the west coast. I'm hoping to try some crosses like this, myself, this year.
Exactly and I only grew a single plant too. Most Reaper crosses I have tried up to now needed ages to fully ripen and this one was no exception. Having to deal with a shorter season, they just don't fit in here. The flavor was not very appealing to me either and there is way too many other great tasting yellow varieties out there to give this one another chance ;)

Wish you luck with yours, keep us updated!

Back