• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

misc Lemon Spice Productivity

Hello All
I am starting to plan next years grow and plan to grow the Numex Lemon Spice Jalapeño among others.
Does anyone have any insight on what to expect for productivity?  This would help me decide how many plants to start.
Thanks

Mine got shaded out by chinense plants last year and didnt do very well, chinense do a lot better than Annuums for me though. Sorry I dont have much useful advice, but I only got probably 10 pods, and I know they should do better that that

Have you checked:

https://journals.ashs.org/hortsci/view/journals/hortsci/50/7/article-p1104.xml

I'm growing it next year too, but have grown the Orange Spice for the past 2 years and also the Early Jalapeño; based on the table in the original article, I think a full size plant should give you ~30-40 pods, depending on conditions of course. The orange spice gave me less than the Early jala, but definitely still a good haul.

How are you planning on growing, soil, hydro? And what's your climate?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

lespaulde, I have read that link before.  Thanks.  I was just looking for any results from members that have grown them.  Glad to hear you got good results from the orange and the early!
I will be growing in soil.  Containers or in the ground.  Maybe both.
The climate here is hot and humid during the growing season.  Early May thru September most of the time.  I did get peppers ripening into October this year though.
Thanks for the link.

I picked a good amount off of my plants when I ripped them up, they were smallish but loaded. If you are growing for yourself 2 - 3 plants should be fine.

Back